Forum Discussion

coxidiot
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Are The Spammers On Vacation

This could be just a fluke and I might be overly optimistic. Yesterday I only received 4 spam emails. So far today I have received none. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a decrease. I did set up some filters 2 days ago, but not that many. Maybe Cox has actually found a way to kill the spam. I sure hope so.

7 Replies

• ok.  less yesterday and no spam today...inbox OR spam folder  BUT i got two phishing scam emails today. does this "new miraculous filter" take that out  too? and when i get "full headers"  most of my phishing scams look like they come from cox.net addresses.  and i know that can be faked.  but others aren't.  i'm not breaking out the champagne yet. 

• plenty of spam today.  all but one...including 2 phishing scams....in my spam folder where it belongs.  HOWEVER, an email that i have been telling the filter is NOT spam every day for 2 months now...and it came to my inbox for the past week...was once again in the spam folder.  do they think there really is a "republic of tea??"  definitely not time to celebrate yet.

• I think the "dot site" and "dot website" spam has been dealt with at least for now

socal_transplan
      Contributor III

i do not understand? dot site & dot website?  today was just like every day for the past year and a half.  spam in the inbox, legit in the spam folder.  i'm on the myemail.cox.net site.  is there another way?

stinkfoot63
        Contributor II

I'm referring to the email address of the spam.