Forum Discussion

Lauren25
New Contributor
3 hours ago

Aggressive Cox Tech Found Inside My Yard, Refusing to Leave

I was utterly frightened upon discovering a man through my gate inside my enclosed yard, blocking me from entering my residence after I returned home at 8:30AM after dropping my children off at school on Oct.17th

He was unapologetic that he had scared me, then refused to leave when I requested that he do so. 

He was confrontational, arguing with me saying, “I’m allowed to be here!” At that point, it felt like I had no choice but to call the police for help.

While waiting in my car for the police to arrive, I checked my account and it says, “Network Looks Good: We've assessed our network in your area and things look good. If you're having connection issues, visit SmartHelp for self-guided support.”

This was the second time a tech was dispatched to my home without Cox notifying me. The first time, my account also said the network was fine. And both times the technician stated something to the effect that this is how Cox is doing it now, they’re just sending us out without notice.

• Hi Lauren25. I can understand how frightening this would be for you. If we can be of any help, please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator