Forum Discussion

Lovemylab
Contributor III
2 years ago

Abruptly seeing T3 timeouts, CM16/24 events.

Roughly 48 hours ago I began seeing seeing T3 timeouts, CM16/24 events. I've gone from essentially no uncorrected errors to thousands per day. Internet seems stable so not critical. Signal levels and SNR appear unchanged to me. Reset the modem and things continued without improvement. No change in the house, connection to the box. Any suggestions on how I might diagnose the change? Might condensation at the main distribution point/post cause something like this without degradation of SNR? Just puzzled.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

First, for trending reasons, what state/area are you in? I notice you only have 5 upstream channels which makes me guess Florida or Louisiana. 

Next, how does the coaxial get from the street to the modem? Splitters/amps/etc.? If direct, I would suggest a technician. My guess would be water in the tap. Do you know if others around you are having the same problem?

Lovemylab
      Contributor III

I'm in Omaha, NE. I'm on the 500 plan and only get 10 up. Everything around us is buried. The main "pedastal" is the corner of my neighbor's yard, right at our property line. A few years back, when we were having issues, Cox put a new box on our house, ran a new coax from the pedastal to our house (underground - a challenge). Total length of run to the box is about 25 feet. Cable and connections at our house are clean and tight. No splitters or amps. Single feed from the box to the modem, with one connector in the path.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Maybe ask your neighbor if they are having problems? If so probably a issue with the pedestal. Either way, I suggest a technician. My gut it still saying it's water damage of some type but I could be wrong since I have no rational reason to think that. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.