- No one seems to be able to assist. I have tried through the web and the app with resets. I went and bought and picked up new things including their modem, talked to 10 different agents who use the same troubleshooting and telling me to do the same steps I’ve already done. Telling me everything looks fine on their end. What’s funny but not funny about that is, I then received a text from them separately saying there’s an outage in my area. Next was: Cox: Thanks for signing up to receive outage text updates. We're working on it, and expect you to be reconnected by 05:01AM. We'll continue to send updates as they're available. Next was: Cox: The outage in your area is resolved. We'll continue to closely monitor our network. Please let us know if your services are working. Reply "YES" if your service is up and running. Reply "NO" or "Unsure" if you're still having an issue. I say no. Then:We're sorry to see you're having trouble connecting. Please visit https://cox.com/smarthelp to troubleshoot the issue and get back up and running. Then:Cox: Your reset was unsuccessful. Try unplugging the power & plugging it back in. This can take up to 10 min. Then:Cox: It's been 3 days since the outage in your area was resolved, and we're checking to make sure your service is still running smoothly. Reply "YES" if you can connect without issues. Reply "NO" or "Unsure" if you’re still having trouble. I say NO again. Then: We're sorry to see you're having trouble connecting. Please visit https://cox.com/smarthelp to troubleshoot the issue and get back up and running. Now I’m highly annoyed because all these days have passed. I decide to txt AGENT for the 10th and final time. Same troubleshooting steps I already told them I’m tired of doing. Cox: Verify the Coax Cable is Connected into the Cable Port on the Box. Verify Coax Cable is connected to the wall outlet. Ensure all connections between the wall and the equipment are not loose or damaged. Me:I’ve reset, unplugged, plugged back, reset again, unscrewed cords, screwed them back in.It can’t be the modem, router, coax cords, Ethernet cords, power cords, nothing. I got all new stuff yesterday and a new modem from cox 3 days ago.My WiFi worked for 45 minutes today and then gone.I’ve troubleshoot everything, check cords, got a new modem, new router, etc.I’ve been without internet for 5 days.I’ve talked to ten agents.Then I was told there’s an outage in my area AFTER being told there wasn’t Then I’m told-Thank you so much for this confirmation, there are no outages reported in your area at this moment, in this case please allow me to reboot your device in order to clean up your line for any cache or excess of data and check the status of your modem, if the steps we follow don't fix the issue we will schedule a tech visit. 😑 did it, still nope. Next was:Thank you so much for following these steps with me today. I know how important it is for you to get everything working again, it seems like a tech visit needs to be done in order to sort this out for you, the visit would have a $75 potential charge (if the cause of the issue is Cox's responsibility charge won't be applied) I’m like at this point, y’all should’ve came out to the residents affected that are still having troubles because why would they lie 😑😑😑 Anybody else encounter this mess?
Daily T3 Internet Time Out / Dynamic Range Window Violation Errors - Multiple Technicians Come out No ResolveHello, I'm hoping someone from Cox will take note to this issue as dealing with another tech support technician on the phone who has us going around and around with turning things off and on is getting very old. We have been having daily T3 Timeout Errors and Dynamic Range Window Violation Errors for months where our internet goes out for a minute up to a few minutes and then resumes as normal and these are the errors the modem spits out. We were using our own Arris SB8200 Modem and just for kicks decided to switch to Motorola MB8611 Modem. Sure enough the same issues happens. We have had 3 technicians come out. First technician checked the line and said the levels are good. Second technician took a look and noticed that the line from outside was connected incorrectly and there was interference happening with that line and the power line and it should be resolved within a week or so. Sure enough, that didn't happen and third technician claimed the coax that was running to the modem from the wall needed to be replaced and that didn't solve it either. What can we do to get a technician that knows what they are doing to fix this issue? Also, according to the internet my modem firmware is out of date, but Cox insists I had to do that with the manufacturer but then on the manufacturer's page it lists that the ISP needs to do it.. https://ibb.co/NCwmmkr
- I have lived in my home for 3 years. I have always had the gigablast internet with unlimited data. I have also always had issues with my speed and connection. Never getting above 300Mbps down. I have contacted customer service in the past regarding the issues nothing ever gets solved so I am posting for others to be weary. For the last 3 years I have had panoramic WiFi and over the last several months my panoramic router just keeps dropping the connection. Then it boots back up and I have to manually reset it to get my smart devices and things to connect again. I was sick of it. So I went to Best Buy and bought a new Netgear modem and a top tier router. All Docsis 3.1 capable and and gigabit download capable. I am still only getting speeds in the 300Mbps down. But at least with my new Linksys gaming router and this new modem all my devices will auto reconnect which is something they would not do before. I am super frustrated and I may just switch my ISP. I hear OEC now offers fiber in my area.I feel lied to and cheated by Cox. I have tried every speed test site out there I have disabled WiFi and connected directly to the modem and done speed test still never better than 350Mbps down. I have tried those same test at different times still no improvement. Why have I been paying for gigablast if I never get those speeds. If anyone knows of any way to resolve this issue I am open to suggestions. I am tired of having to rest my modem or router and I am tired of my connection always randomly dropping and booting back up at all time of the day and night. Any help is greatly appreciated.
- I'm just curious, if anyone has been having a terrible time with gaming/video streaming with their internet in the North Phoenix area. I'm pretty confident this is an infrastructure issue in my neighborhood specifically, but i'm genuinely curious if others have been having similar experiences. Here's my story. I lived in Tempe AZ, and in North Phoenix in my last two homes. Both had FTTH (Fiber to the home). My most recent location, was Tempe. While I had FTTH Gigablast, I had no issues what so ever. I recently purchased a home in North Phoenix near 19th Ave and Union Hills and this is the disaster i've experienced. When I moved, I transferred my service. I was told that my service would be exactly the same, and that I would have no issues. I was also told my plan wouldn't change at all. During this process, no one mentioned that on Docsis 3.1, upload speeds would be capped to 35mbps. Not only that, but I lost my unlimited bandwidth that I was grandfathered into because I "changed hardware", and moved from FTTH, to Docsis 3.1. Because of that, my bill was $10 more, I lost out on unlimited bandwidth, AND, my upload was capped. I argued that, because of that, my plan is infact changing, and this is no longer the gigablast I had. I spoke with many technicians, many people in sales, and many people in retention. All told me "Well, it's the same gigablast service, so your plan isn't changing." Since then, i've had constant issues. It's been consistent packet loss all throughout the day. It's completely intermittent, however, it's often. It's literally all throughout the day. It ranges from 1%-15%. Hard ping spikes, latency variations, etc. This has been happening non stop since January. I've had probably 4-5 technicians come out, as well as multiple lvl2 (or lvl3) techs come out that drive the bucket trucks. So far, i've tried buying multiple cable modems, i've tried multiple routers, i've tried using Cox's "Panoramic Wifi" combo modem/router. I've updated all my cabling to new Cat 6 cabling. Nothing worked, same issue. I've had the line that runs to the junction, to my home, replaced. ga I've had multiple higher level technicians explain there was an issue with the upload node. I see bucket trucks out here in my neighborhood often. The last technician I spoke with explained that they've fixed the issue. However, I JUST spoke to the retention department who explain so far this month we've had 7 outage incidents that she can pull up. This retention expert also game be "Elite Gamer" for free, JUST to try and to test with. As the last tech who told me i'm basically screwed until FTTH told me I should try that. I told him "If my internet was working correctly, you wouldn't need to try to upsell me something I know for a FACT wouldn't make a difference". Well, I tried the "Elite Gamer"thing today, and immediately started experiencing the same issues, and Elite Gamer shows within that yes..infact i'm experiencing problems. The most recent technician that I had come out (who I think was lvl2 and he came out with a guy in a bucket truck), told me that, unfortunately Cox wont do anything about it unless you're seeing constant 20% packet loss, or until they start running FTTH in my neighborhood. Mind you, my neighborhood is down the street from one of the previous neighborhoods I lived in with FTTH. Cox not doing anything until there's 20% packet loss is crazy to me, as at that point you basically don't have a functioning service. And ontop of that, there are NO resources, no one i've been able to contact, about plans for FTTH in my neighborhood. I can't even get information about if any other issues have been reported in my neighborhood, or if the technicians have plans on replacing the failing infrastructure. Apparently, only the technicians with the bucket trucks have that information. And the last one I spoke with basically said "Yea we fixed it, so now there's nothing we can do until there's FTTH in your area" At this point, I don't know what to do. I'm paying for an incredibly shotty service that no one within Cox seems to care to fix. Is there any representitive who can help me here with resources to contact to speak about bringing FTTH to our area, what that process looks like, if it goes through city counsil, or is it purely Cox's decision with timelines, etc. Or, any local legal experts that have skin in this game specifically dealing with ISP's and poor service? Any other local north Phoenix residents experiencing this same issue? This has to be the WORST experience i've had with any ISP ever, and i've had FiOS and Century Link.
- This is more of a plea than a request for technical help. For the past three months I've been experiencing the same packet loss and jitter issues as so many other forum members. I've gone through all of the standard troubleshooting steps 50x and still no resolution (resets, wire checks, direct computer to modem tests, etc..). My connection has degraded to the point that even late at night, when I used to receive decent service, I'm still experiencing an extremely unstable connection. Note: this isas good as my service gets. https://imgur.com/a/b0nkLH6 Hardware has all beenvetted as well as wiring. Latency graphs show primary failure is between modem and 2nd hop (neighborhood node). Modem power levels shown below; not optimal but in reasonable ranges https://imgur.com/dQmGw83 Here's where the story gets a little interesting. I filed my first FCC complaint near the end of February; a week later I received an email from the Cox escalation team andBAM, overnight my connection is crystal clear. Better ping than I've ever seen at this address, 2ms jitter, and 0% packet loss. A few weeks later, I wake up one day to find my service has gone back to the stone age and I can barely stay connected to a webex meeting. I've been desperately sending out calls and emails to try and find this magic level that someone pulled to fix my connection. Unfortunately to no avail. Same notes of "someone was dispatched to check out the situation but they didn't update the support ticket", "we'll call you when we have any updates", "over-saturation during the pandemic...". Cox is the only ISP that offers anything more than 35mb/s at my location. My job is dependent on stable internet. My career is on the line and I can't afford to terminate my lease early and move or rent out an office for the sole purpose of having internet during my 9-5. Somebody please help
- I've been playing online games for years, and in the past 4 months or so my ping keeps spiking horribly. I get kicked off games, I get input lag and delay. It's driving me crazy. I talked to 3 different techs. I had one of them convince me to upgrade my entire plan, so I got Gigablast last week, thinking it'll solve all my problems. Faster internet. Still pinging insanely high. I've had people come out and change lines. I've changed modems. I've turned off wifi. I've changed ethernet cables. I've done everything I was told to do, and I'm still getting high ping spikes over games. I work. I take care of sickly family members. In my moments of peace, I want to play online video games, but it's impossible when my ping is spiking so high constantly. Why is this?
- I've worked with a few chat support agents to troubleshoot an internet connectivity issue to my modem, but to no avail.The issue starting occurring after I upgraded to gigablast internet from 150Mb and I have a Netgear CM1100 with Google Wifi AC2200. When I check the logs after an intermittent issue occurs, it says: Critical: Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out I worked with support and they resent the signal and rebooted my modem a couple of times, but I'm still having issues. The downstream channels are showing some uncorrectable codewords: <tabindex=-1>Downstream Bonded Channels (Partial Service) Channel Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Frequency Power SNR / MER Unerrored Codewords Correctable Codewords Uncorrectable Codewords 1 Locked QAM256 21 903000000 Hz -6.8 dBmV 41.8 dB 22508008 21 94 2 Locked QAM256 1 783000000 Hz -5.8 dBmV 42.6 dB 2509675984 12 0 3 Locked QAM256 2 789000000 Hz -5.8 dBmV 42.5 dB 2509680570 0 0 4 Locked QAM256 3 795000000 Hz -5.9 dBmV 42.5 dB 2509684696 0 0 5 Locked QAM256 4 801000000 Hz -6.0 dBmV 42.3 dB 2509689048 0 0 6 Locked QAM256 5 807000000 Hz -6.4 dBmV 42.3 dB 2509692041 0 0 7 Locked QAM256 6 813000000 Hz -6.7 dBmV 42.1 dB 2509698534 0 0 8 Locked QAM256 7 819000000 Hz -6.8 dBmV 42.0 dB 2509701700 0 0 9 Locked QAM256 8 825000000 Hz -6.9 dBmV 41.9 dB 2509707720 0 0 10 Locked QAM256 9 831000000 Hz -6.8 dBmV 42.0 dB 2509712214 0 0 11 Locked QAM256 10 837000000 Hz -6.8 dBmV 41.9 dB 2509718183 0 0 12 Locked QAM256 11 843000000 Hz -6.9 dBmV 42.0 dB 2509723219 0 0 13 Locked QAM256 12 849000000 Hz -6.9 dBmV 41.9 dB 2509728717 0 0 14 Locked QAM256 13 855000000 Hz -7.1 dBmV 41.7 dB 2509732767 0 0 15 Locked QAM256 14 861000000 Hz -7.2 dBmV 41.8 dB 2509737317 0 0 16 Locked QAM256 15 867000000 Hz -7.1 dBmV 41.8 dB 2509742739 0 0 17 Locked QAM256 16 873000000 Hz -7.0 dBmV 41.9 dB 2509746606 0 0 18 Locked QAM256 17 879000000 Hz -6.8 dBmV 41.9 dB 2509750813 0 0 19 Locked QAM256 18 885000000 Hz -6.7 dBmV 41.9 dB 2509755597 4 0 20 Locked QAM256 19 891000000 Hz -6.7 dBmV 42.0 dB 2509760272 15 0 21 Locked QAM256 20 897000000 Hz -6.7 dBmV 41.9 dB 2509769449 13 0 22 Locked QAM256 22 909000000 Hz -6.8 dBmV 41.9 dB 7349840 0 0 23 Locked QAM256 23 915000000 Hz -6.6 dBmV 41.9 dB 16793832 521 1111 24 Locked QAM256 24 921000000 Hz -6.4 dBmV 41.9 dB 15608150 170 300 25 Locked QAM256 25 927000000 Hz -6.3 dBmV 41.9 dB 14280341 0 0 26 Locked QAM256 26 933000000 Hz -6.1 dBmV 42.1 dB 2509791434 0 0 27 Locked QAM256 27 939000000 Hz -5.8 dBmV 42.1 dB 2509797625 0 0 28 Locked QAM256 28 945000000 Hz -5.5 dBmV 42.3 dB 2509800696 0 0 29 Locked QAM256 29 951000000 Hz -5.2 dBmV 42.5 dB 2509805212 0 0 30 Locked QAM256 30 957000000 Hz -4.9 dBmV 42.6 dB 2509809356 0 0 31 Locked QAM256 31 963000000 Hz -4.7 dBmV 42.7 dB 2509812751 0 0 32 Locked QAM256 32 969000000 Hz -4.6 dBmV 42.8 dB 2509812047 0 0 Upstream shows the channels but not much else: <tabindex=-1>Upstream Bonded Channels Channel Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Frequency Power 1 Locked ATDMA 1 17700000 Hz 44.3 dBmV 2 Locked ATDMA 2 24100000 Hz 44.5 dBmV 3 Locked ATDMA 3 30500000 Hz 45.3 dBmV 4 Locked ATDMA 4 36900000 Hz 45.8 dBmV 5 Locked ATDMA 6 12900000 Hz 41.8 dBmV 6 Not Locked Unknown 0 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 7 Not Locked Unknown 0 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 8 Not Locked Unknown 0 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV Is there anything that stands out as an issue or is this common info? Unfortunately, chat support said I'd have to pay extra to get L2 engaged. Thanks, Steven L.
- I have been dealing with a very poor internet connection with very high latency/ping for over a year(especially bad in the last 6 weeks). A technician came out today. He said the signal going from the modem to cox was weak, then spent 40 minutes changing wires in the cable box outside. He then said things should be fine and left before we could even see if the "solution" worked. Of course,the problem is still there, if not worse. Online games are unplayable, voice comms online are impossible, and videos are struggling to buffer. I've run twp tracerts to google, one to overwatch (blizzard), and one to discord (voice chat). Tracing route to www.google.com [2607:f8b0:4007:80c::2004] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 2 ms 5 ms 2 ms 2600:8800:5e02:7800:bea5:11ff:fef1:fb0e 2 52 ms 18 ms 59 ms 2600:8800:5e7f:ffff::1111 3 57 ms * * 2001:578:801:fffc:a00::32 4 22 ms 40 ms 68 ms 2001:578:900:4::1a 5 52 ms 59 ms 49 ms 2001:578:1:0:172:17:249:32 6 133 ms 50 ms 27 ms 2001:4860:1:1::1308 7 61 ms 28 ms 25 ms 2607:f8b0:8256::1 8 82 ms 28 ms 65 ms 2001:4860:0:1::102e 9 27 ms 42 ms 41 ms 2001:4860:0:1::2db 10 28 ms 29 ms 25 ms lax17s15-in-x04.1e100.net [2607:f8b0:4007:80c::2004] Trace complete. Tracing route to google.com [2607:f8b0:4007:80c::200e] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 3 ms 3 ms 3 ms 2600:8800:5e02:7800:bea5:11ff:fef1:fb0e 2 157 ms 37 ms 70 ms 2600:8800:5e7f:ffff::1111 3 137 ms * * 2001:578:801:fffc:a00::30 4 21 ms 14 ms 37 ms 2001:578:900:4::18 5 91 ms 91 ms 63 ms 2001:578:1:0:172:17:249:32 6 54 ms 344 ms 204 ms 2001:578:20:a000::a 7 55 ms 240 ms 162 ms 2607:f8b0:821a::1 8 106 ms 47 ms 71 ms 2001:4860:0:110d::1 9 63 ms 38 ms 197 ms 2001:4860:0:110d::13 10 36 ms 58 ms 31 ms 2001:4860::c:4000:de41 11 33 ms 56 ms 99 ms 2001:4860::9:4000:de3f 12 45 ms * * 2001:4860:0:110f::1 13 64 ms 26 ms 32 ms 2001:4860:0:1::2d9 14 25 ms 42 ms 82 ms lax17s15-in-x0e.1e100.net [2607:f8b0:4007:80c::200e] Trace complete. Tracing route to 18.104.22.168 over a maximum of 30 hops 1 4 ms 2 ms 2 ms 192.168.0.1 2 40 ms 59 ms 77 ms 10.129.180.1 3 81 ms 44 ms 145 ms 100.127.76.50 4 93 ms 171 ms 94 ms 100.120.100.28 5 * 144 ms 102 ms 22.214.171.124 6 73 ms 29 ms 51 ms 126.96.36.199 7 34 ms 57 ms 30 ms ae1-br02-eqla1.as57976.net [188.8.131.52] 8 26 ms 38 ms 25 ms 184.108.40.206 9 42 ms 39 ms 31 ms 220.127.116.11 Trace complete. Tracing route to us-west427.discord.gg [18.104.22.168] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 4 ms 2 ms 4 ms 192.168.0.1 2 103 ms 48 ms 91 ms 10.129.180.1 3 102 ms 66 ms 32 ms 100.127.76.50 4 53 ms 86 ms 293 ms 100.120.100.28 5 28 ms 149 ms 46 ms 22.214.171.124 6 * 135 ms 151 ms 126.96.36.199 7 * * 63 ms hosted-by.i3d.net [188.8.131.52] Trace complete. At this point, Ifeel defeated and amconsidering switching internet providers. Anyone have any advice? I have already changes coaxial cables, removed splitters, switched routers/modems...etc.