- Is it normal to send a tech his second week on the job to install TV, Internet, Phone and spend 8 hours, leave you with no dial tone, fuzzy TV and internet speed one tenth of what you purchased? AND be told over 220 channels With HBO, don't want, other movie channels I don't want, I TOLD YOU I don't want them and I'm told they're included (Guessing there was bonus paid that day for that sale) AND have channels you don't want and need to pay more for the ones you do? (Includes cancelling he ones you don't want) AND not leave any documents, not signatures, no proof of delivery AND THEN spend over 45 minutes on the phone to explain ALL THREE INSTALLED SERVICES DONT WORK AS ADVERTIZED, AND then told,I can cancel but you have no obligation toput my home the way you found it (which was better than you left it) but I'm free to pay you $75 and have the pleasure of bringing you the equipment? AND you offer to send someone to fix it, the installer was one the phone with "Support" most of the day, no one could help him, but van help me? (Hard to believe, don't you think?) Is it normal?
- I have had Cox since I have moved out of my parent's home in 2005, Tried to move but came right back. Every time I have an issue I try to chat but am always sent to the loyalty department. Chat seems to be useless if all they do is give a number to call. And Loyalty really doesn't treat you like they truly care about how long you have been there. I was told when I got my contract last year that HBO would be free the life of my 24 months but this month I have been hit with the $15.99/mo. not only that I have called to cancel several time and was told different things about the cost to cancel. One minute I am told it is $10/mo (12 months remaining = $120) for the remaining months of the contract and then the loyalty dept tells me it will be well over $200 to cancel. I called in like I usually do to see about getting another promotion so my bill doesn't jump and was told there is nothing that could be done, so pretty much pay the $200 and something to cancel plus the bill I owe, or simply shut up and deal with what I am being charged. This was by the same agent in the loyalty dept. I repeatedly stated I do not need the phone or tv, but still no help. Now All I want is the internet and phone which I found with AT&T will only be $60/mo plus tax, but through Cox it will be close to $120/mo which doesn't save me jack when I am or was paying $45 per month for tv phone and internet. TV you are paying for all commercials, have to subscribe to watch any good movies even with HBO there is nothing. I am disgusted in the service. My internet is always slow and frustrates me so much I hate getting on my computer. AT&T service was far better and I had no problems. Now my bill is $190.18 including the HBO that was suppose to be free and I am being told that what I have is the cheapest! Loyalty customer service not for the customers and I remember now why I cancelled the first time.
- why is the cost the same for 300 mb service as it is for 1 gig service? i pay $100 per month for 300 mb service (the best available to my home) but this seems unreasonable. if Cox had upgraded their infrastructure i would pay the same $100 per month for over 300% faster broadband speeds. Cox associates agree with me that this is unreasonable, however they cannot (or will not) discount my pricing. I'd like a corporate response to my irrational billing situation.
90% + Packet Loss & Rubberbanding, Lag Spikes, connection losses to multiple game servers and streaming clients|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | 10.0.1.1 - 0 | 600 | 600 | 0 | 18 | 334 | 0 | | 10.75.168.1 - 0 | 600 | 600 | 7 | 28 | 331 | 9 | | ip68-4-11-184.oc.oc.cox.net - 0 | 600 | 600 | 7 | 29 | 350 | 10 | | ip68-4-11-16.oc.oc.cox.net - 0 | 600 | 600 | 8 | 27 | 377 | 14 | | 184.108.40.206 - 0 | 600 | 600 | 10 | 33 | 373 | 10 | | xe-7-3-2.edge2.LosAngeles9.Level3.net - 0 | 600 | 600 | 10 | 34 | 360 | 13 | | 220.127.116.11 - 95 | 600 | 35 | 16343 | 20149 | 22510 | 17372 | | 18.104.22.168 - 0 | 600 | 600 | 13 | 44 | 374 | 18 | | cr1.la2ca.ip.att.net - 0 | 600 | 600 | 13 | 38 | 368 | 17 | | 22.214.171.124 - 0 | 600 | 600 | 12 | 33 | 316 | 13 | | No response from host - 100 | 600 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| WinMTR - 0.8. Copyleft @2000-2002 Vasile Laurentiu Stanimir ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) Here is a sample of a 20 minute test to a blizzard server while playing overwatch. 95% packet loss to the specific IP. Multiple calls to cox with no resolution. Not even an offer to change my route. I was told that the department in charge of fixing my issue is unreachable by me as a paying customer and as well as the employees of cox not being able to contact this so called department about my problem. Super frustrating that the phone representatives take us paying and knowledgeable customers as idiots and claim that there is nothing they can do to resolve an issue multiple people are having. This is a last chance effort on my part to see if someone is smart enough to help me with this issue as I have been a loyal customer for several years.
- Hi Cox Communications, I’ve been having an absolutely terrible time trying to get a month-long connectivity issue resolved. I wanted to take some time to document the process I’ve gone through with the intent of making you aware of issues inside your tech support processes and hopefully move towards an actual resolution. I’ll plan on sending this post through as many of your different support channels as possible. I intend to give your system a few more chances but beyond that I’m not sure what options you’ve given me other than to switch providers and send out my story/complaint to as many relevant federal/local regulatory bodies, local networks, and consumer advocacy groups as I can to help others avoid this experience. Please see my issue and support history below. Issue Overview: Starting around October 11th I began encountering issues where my connection would drop for anywhere between 10 seconds and a few minutes, occurring at random through the day. Over the last month the length and frequency of these disconnects has increased. My initial research based on the event logs from my modem suggested an infrastructure issue (upstream power fluctuations) at the tap, and later Cox Communications tech calls (see below) have independently confirmed the same after meticulously checking each aspect of the system. I operate a freelance service business in the technology industry from this address, and these issues have drastically interfered with my ability to communicate online with clients. Streaming shows or transferring files are often impossible as well. I’m currently on the $72/month tier. Tech Support Interaction Timeline: Call 1 - Level 1 Support. Standard modem reset and confirmation of issues. Scheduled tech call. Tech 1 - Contractor. Switched out the modem but told me he was unable to do anything else. No improvement in connectivity issues. Call 2 - Level 2 Support. Confirmed issues and went through standard web-based troubleshooting. No resolution and scheduled second tech call. Tech 2 - Contractor. Confirm seeing the issue, and told me he made some “small changes outside” but connectivity issues did not improve. Call 3 - Level 2 Support. Once again confirmed issues and went through standard web-based troubleshooting. No resolution and scheduled third tech call, specifying an in-house tech. Tech 3 - Shirted Tech. Analyzed each part of the connection and came to the conclusion that there was an infrastructure issue at the tap. He created the first maintenance/tap repair team ticket. Maintenance 1 - I didn’t interact directly with this group, but I learned from later support calls that the ticket was “resolved”. Obviously the connectivity issues remained. Call 4 - Level 2 Support. Verified connectivity issues and recommended sending out another tech, as he couldn’t contact the maintenance department directly. Tech 4 - Shirted tech. Came to the same conclusion as the previous shirted tech, with the issue being documented, unresolved, and related to infrastructure issues/issues at the tap. Scheduled another maintenance team ticket. Call 5 - Level 1 Support. Attempted to check on active tickets to see if there was any news. Transferred to another area, which then instantly dropped the call. Maintenance 2 - In the same manor as before, I had no interaction with this group but the ticket was “resolved”. Call 6 - Supervisor. Explained the entire history to a level 1 tech support supervisor. Was told that open tickets were resolved. At this point the supervisor manually contacted the maintenance department, and I was told that I would hear from a supervisor from the maintenance/main line repair team within 48 hours to escalate the issue. This call never came. Call 7 - Disconnected. Spend 20 minutes escalating through tech support levels and repeating the same identity verification processes, only for the system to drop my call before speaking to a level 2 supervisor. Call 8 - Level 2 Support. Once again confirmed the same issues as before, and told me their only option was to send yet another tech out to the address and repeat the same process which has failed me several times before. They mentioned a supervisor being flagged for the call, but I’ve been told that at 3 points now, so we’ll see. Outside of the documented interactions above, the system dropped my calls at least 6 times, several times after being on a lengthy hold. Note: Everyone I’ve interacted with has been very understanding and kind, just ultimately unhelpful. I’ve never raised my voice in any interaction, and have tried to be as patient as possible. Summary: I’d love to continue using Cox as I have been for years, but I’ve invested over 15 hours trying to fix these issues and made no progress for almost a month. My perception at this point is that either the issue resolution process is broken, or that it is a conscious decision on Cox’s part to not resolve the issue because my continued support as a customer doesn’t justify repairs to the infrastructure. (For 3rd party observers, please imagine this scenario with an electric or water company instead). This has truly been the most frustrating service issue resolution process I’ve experienced. I would love to talk to someone outside the standard tech support process to get this fixed and will be monitoring my email and phone in case I get a response. Thanks. T
- NicholeC is a Cox hore! Forum: Internet Forum Posted: 14 Nov 2015 Post Subject: RE: Downgrade Internet Service Post author: NicholeC Hi Medginful, The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at email@example.com. Thank you,
- Response from Cox Moderator is *** **! The fact is, Cox or any other communication provider will not allow on-line down-grades! You're screwed man! The providers want to make it *** near impossible to downgrade services. They will gladly "upgrade" (= more $) your "service", even if it already screws you! I know Cox wont post this, but at least I can vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forum: Internet Forum Posted: 14 Nov 2015 Post Subject: RE: Downgrade Internet Service Post author: NicholeC Hi Medginful, The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you,
- IE is by far the worst of the BIG browsers, yet the Cox website requires customers to use it in order to take advantage of all online account services...one would think that there would be wall to wall IT experts employed at Cox advising how moronic that is....guess not. ...........AND the website still supports IE 6, lol...for the 3 people that still run IE 6 ............amateurs!
- What is the self activation kit fee? On the website it says its mailed to you, but i never recieved anything and I installed everything myself with my own modem and all. No technician ever came out. I called cox but the rep I got didn't understand what I was talking about.