Forum Discussion

roentgen
New Contributor
9 years ago

Cox support telling me TiVO no longer supported, which is illegal correct?

I have had TiVo working correctly with Cox for years. I made the transition to tuning adapter without incident. Everything worked fine. I have 4 Tivos. About 6 months ago they stopped receiving the majority of premium channels. Meaning HBO 1300 and 1301 works, the rest say "Channel not available". Only one Cinemax will work, same with rest of channels. Now I am noticing lots of channels no longer working that are expanded but not premium. I have had the worst customer service experience EVER. 4 appointments wasted my time. Three were scheduled by COx and the tech never showed never called. A supervisor told me that they don't send technicians for premium channel issues and that the appointments were 'auto cancelled' without calling me. The technician that DID come said he wasn't qualified to work on TiVo cable cards and scheduled a supervisor to come. That appointment was also auto cancelled no call no show. Cox customer service said the on time guarantee doesn't apply because the appointment was cancelled.....(ignoring the fact that THEY cancelled it!) Finally after weeks a supervisor level tech comes. He checks all the settings, the signal strength etc etc. Everything is set as it should be....... ....and he drops a bomb shell that he was made aware that there is now a compatibility issue with cable cards and Cox service and there is nothing that cane be done. the local market is Gainesville fl. The audio visual store that did the work on my house has said ALL the TiVo customers they know of are having this problem. Paying for a service not getting....which is required but law to be available....and add to that bad customer service. I can add specific information such as cable card settings. But if anyone else has useful information I'd love to hear it before dropping cox.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

Are these posting yours? Looks like they are also in Gainesville, Fl. They made two posts and never returned for assistance.  If this is not you, my best guess is Cox moved the Contour HD channels to SDV and forgot to map them to Retail CableCARDs and Tuning Adapters.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=10500249#post10500249

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=10500251#post10500251

First what Models of TiVo do you have?  Series 3, TiVo HD, Premiere or Roamio.

Specifically list every channel you are not receiving, and the Model of TiVo, Channel # and Network Name

Secondly, It is absolutely False that Cox is no longer supporting TiVo and CableCARDs.

The TiVo Series 3 and TiVo HD only support MPEG2 video, and do not support any of the Contour HD channels which are MPEG4/H.264 video.  I have listed those below:

Only the TiVo Premieres and Roamios support the following MPEG4/H.264  channels:

1084 Pop HD◊

1214 IndiePlex HD◊
    1215 RetroPlex HD◊

1274 ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater HD◊

1302 HBO Family HD◊
    1304 HBO Zone HD◊
    1305 HBO Signature HD◊
    1311 HBO West HD◊
    1312 HBO2 West HD◊

1322 ActionMAX HD◊
    1323 ThrillerMAX HD◊
    1324 5StarMAX HD◊
    1332 Cinemax West HD◊

1342 SHOWTIME SHOWCASE HD◊
    1343 Showtime Extreme HD◊
    1345 Showtime West HD◊

1352 TMC West HD◊

1363 STARZ in Black HD◊
    1364 STARZ Kids & Family HD◊
    1366 STARZ Comedy HD◊
    1367 STARZ West HD◊

1703 Big Ten Network HD◊
    1704 PAC-12 Network HD◊
    1705 Outdoor Channel HD◊
    1706 Sportsman Channel HD◊
    1712 MLB Strike Zone HD◊

roentgen
    New Contributor
    Was on phone again yesterday with cox cable card tech support and the only answer they would give is that they are aware channels are not coming in, no information if it is being addressed. three of the tivos are premier. I haven't posted before. But like I said...I have multiple sources that say all customers in Gainesville with Tivo are having issues.
    bryaninphx said:

Are these posting yours? Looks like they are also in Gainesville, Fl. They made two posts and never returned for assistance.  If this is not you, my best guess is Cox moved the Contour HD channels to SDV and forgot to map them to Retail CableCARDs and Tuning Adapters.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=10500249#post10500249

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=10500251#post10500251

First what Models of TiVo do you have?  Series 3, TiVo HD, Premiere or Roamio.

Specifically list every channel you are not receiving, and the Model of TiVo, Channel # and Network Name

Secondly, It is absolutely False that Cox is no longer supporting TiVo and CableCARDs.

The TiVo Series 3 and TiVo HD only support MPEG2 video, and do not support any of the Contour HD channels which are MPEG4/H.264 video.  I have listed those below:

Only the TiVo Premieres and Roamios support the following MPEG4/H.264  channels:

1084 Pop HD◊

1214 IndiePlex HD◊
    1215 RetroPlex HD◊

1274 ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater HD◊

1302 HBO Family HD◊
    1304 HBO Zone HD◊
    1305 HBO Signature HD◊
    1311 HBO West HD◊
    1312 HBO2 West HD◊

1322 ActionMAX HD◊
    1323 ThrillerMAX HD◊
    1324 5StarMAX HD◊
    1332 Cinemax West HD◊

1342 SHOWTIME SHOWCASE HD◊
    1343 Showtime Extreme HD◊
    1345 Showtime West HD◊

1352 TMC West HD◊

1363 STARZ in Black HD◊
    1364 STARZ Kids & Family HD◊
    1366 STARZ Comedy HD◊
    1367 STARZ West HD◊

1703 Big Ten Network HD◊
    1704 PAC-12 Network HD◊
    1705 Outdoor Channel HD◊
    1706 Sportsman Channel HD◊
    1712 MLB Strike Zone HD◊

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

Please Update this thread with your results or resolution.

Send the following Email to cox.help@cox.com - This has worked in the past for me.

Subject: Contour HD Channels not Mapped to Retail CableCARDs and Tuning Adapters

Gainsville, Florida - Contour HD Channels not Mapped to Retail CableCARDs and Tuning Adapters.

<Your Account #>
    <Name on Account>
    <Address on Account>
    <Phone # associated with Account>
    <Email Address>

Please have a Cable Plant video engineer investigate why the Contour HD Channels are not mapped to Retail CableCARDs and Tuning Adapters in Gainsville, Florida.

I have 3 TiVo Premieres that previously had access to these channels, the Contour HD Channels vanished on <date>.

Is it possible these channels were moved to Switched Digital Video (SDV) and the channel mapping was not added to the Tuning Adapter?

Thanks for your assistance,
    <Your Name>
    <Address>
    <Email>

If you do not get a response from Cox within a few days, and a resolution within a week.  I would file a complaint with the FCC:
    https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Choose TV > File Complaint > Description of Complaint (use the info provided above) > TV Issues > Availability