Forum Discussion

sandra_R
New Contributor
2 years ago

Issues with HBOMAX opening

We have some shows that are watchable via HBOMAX app, but not all. Some are accessible via contour but not all. We have called twice, opened tickets, rebooted, refreshed etc. The reps we speak to have no idea.  Anyone else having the same issues with shows on HBOMAX or is it just us?

16 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

HBO does this.  For example, "Chernobyl" has episodes on cable-TV on-demand but some only accessible via Max.  HBO also did this for the Julia Child mini-series.  I can only watch the first one because the remaining are on Max.

It's annoying.  I think HBO is trying to bump up their viewership numbers to compete with the bigger streaming services.

sandra_R
      New Contributor

Annoying and I’ve called 3X with no improvement. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

You've called HBO or Cox?  Cox wouldn't have control of available content on HBO.

Barryrg
    New Contributor II

Yes been having trouble for 3 week they can out change 3 contour boxes got on line outside and said it a line problem . Line guy comes out said nothing wrong wit the line it the signal from the main hub down the road.  Been waiting for 7 days same problem couple people in the neighborhood has same problem HBO and some showtime channel. When you go to channel 205 and couple more TV lock up you have to reboot the contour box and wait for 5 to 10 minutes. 

TiffanyR
      Hello Barryrg,

I am truly sorry to hear that you are having some troubles with these channels. I can imagine how frustrating that would be. It sounds like the issue that you are experiencing may be different from what the OP is experiencing. It sounds like you have already been through a lot and we want to help find a resolution. When you have an opportunity, can you email my team at cox.help@cox.com with your name, address, and a description of what you are experiencing and what has been done so far to help correct the issue?

Tiffany R.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    BimmerMan
    New Contributor II

Yes, same problem. Using HBO app the shows are extremely slow to load, continuously buffer, or don’t load at all with a message saying the  show is not available at this time. Sometimes the screen just turns black and I have to reboot. It is definitely a COX problem.

Allan
      @BimmerMan, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
        Barryrg
        New Contributor II

For 3 weeks I have been having trouble with HBO, Showtime, and Starz, when you go to channel 200-280 channels, lock up, and have to reboot the contour box. The technician came out 2 times and replace 3 contour boxes and said it was a line problem on the street somewhere. Line tech came out and said the line was fine it was a problem at the hu station down the road not a strong signal from HBO. Seen like a lot of other people in the neighborhood has the same problem.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I just bought HBO Max for a month to test it out, and it was flawless on my Google TV. I think the problem is the limited box hardware/firmware. They just weren't built for apps IMO.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I believe there are 3 problems in the post.

1.  The OP wants equal programming on HBO channels and Max.  This would be HBO issue.

2.  Cable-boxes error on HBO channels.  Seems limited to a neighborhood.

3.  Yes!  If you want to stream like a pro...buy a device engineered to stream.  This ain't be no cable-box.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Where is OPs problem with HBO Max not opening? I thought it was the point of the post but don't see much discussion of it. bimmerman mentioned they also had the problem, but that's about it. I would wonder what box everyone is using. Same one?