Forum Discussion

larry2c
New Contributor
2 years ago

Pixelation on all channels

For the last 10 days or so we are getting pixelation on all the channels we view. It is intermittent but seems to be increasing in frequency. Can this have a tech troubleshoot it remotely? Not wanting to deal with a service call...

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure this will work, but try entering the diagnostic screen to check levels. These are the instructions for Comcast's X1 platform, but that is licensed by Cox for Contour so should work.

1. Hold down Exit button for 5 seconds
    2. Press the down arrow twice
    3. Push the number 2 button

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Do the standard checking that Cox recommends, to verify all your connections are properly connected.  If the issue persists, the intermittent pixelation could be caused by a weak signal.  You'll need a tech visit to have your signal checked.  If the tech finds a signal issue on Cox's side of the demarcation point (box where Cox's cables connect to your cables), repairs will be made at no cost to you.  The tech may perform repairs or notify Cox for escalation to a line tech.

You could try contacting cox.help@cox.com to see if they can test your signal remotely, but I suspect they'll advise you to schedule a tech visit.  They might schedule it for you if you confirm that's what you want done.

• Hi Larry2c. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I'd inventory any coaxial splitters from behind the wall-plate towards the cable-box.  If the distortion seems to be reoccurring more frequently, it may be a splitter failing.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Do you, or anyone, know if Cox can still remotely look at boxes? I know back in the day it was possible with "Home Certification" when I saw a tech. use it in my home while troubleshooting. It is also shown here which I found with Google. I am hoping Tier 1 also has access to the tool but I see now that is from 2013 so maybe not.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

The Diag screenshots in the presentation look crude compared to nowadays.  There are a lot more levels on these newer boxes.  More profitable to send a tech.