Forum Discussion

Bkewl
New Contributor
2 years ago

All Streaming Apps Lagging on Contour Bixes and Sound Issues

Okay, over the past week or so, we've been having a handful of issues...Randomly we'll have our audio just cut out. Maybe for 1 to 5 seconds or sometimes I have to change the channel and change it right back and it instantly fixes it. This only happens while watching one the contour box.(just a note for later).

Also, for about the same amount of time, all of our streaming services when attempting to watch thru the contour boxes would lose sound with light lag./freezes here and there. This has been getting worse and worse as time goes on. As of tonight, all our streaming services are lagging and freezing so bad, they have been deemed unwatchable on the contour boxes.... But on the upside I know this issue is one cox's side. I switch over to the Apps in my 70 inch Samsung and all Streaming services work flawlessly. I literally forgot streaming could load this fast! I have unlimited data and get 580mb/s download 10mb/s upload, So speeds and usage isn't an issue.

If a mod or anyone else might have an idea how to fix the streaming services on contours side, please, I'm totally up for suggestions. I've done everything from resetting all the boxes, one at a time by inplugging, reset the boxes all at once on Cox's. Also the same with the modem unplugged waited 30 seconds plugged back in(blah blah blah) and reset thru the cox app. I've also done a hard reset on the modem. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @Bkewl, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    how to fix the streaming services on contours

Don't stream on Contour.