Forum Discussion

AzCrazyDiamond
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Paramount Plus on Contour

I am unable to watch Paramount+ shows on my Contour host box (brand new today).On the host box, when I select the episode and choose to go to Paramount+ (watch options), I get an ad, then a spinny circle in the upper left, and that's it. Spinny circle forever or eventually an error code.  I am able to watch Paramount+ shows on the client box. It shows an ad and then the show starts up fine.

Why does it work on the client box, but not the host?

9 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @AzCrazyDiamond

Try rebooting the cable box and see if that helps.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      AzCrazyDiamond
      New Contributor II

Thanks yes, that apparently worked. After the regular overnight reboot, it is working. But we are getting a lot of ads; we are paying for Paramount Premium but on Cox we're getting paramount Essential. On iPhone and computer there are no ads during the show.

CrystalS
        Former Moderator
        @AzCrazyDiamond,

You are very welcome. It was a pleasure to assist you. Is there anything else we can do for you? We are always available to assist you at any time. Please use the Cox app to manage your bill, reset equipment. We appreciate your business and being a loyal Cox customer. Please stay safe and healthy. Happy Holidays. Thank you for contacting the Social Media Support Team.

www.cox.com/.../cox-app.html

Check out the Cox App

Crystal S.
        Cox Support Forum Moderator