Forum Discussion

ontheroad
New Contributor
3 years ago

Contour App on an Amazon Firestick

While I'm sure I don't see the "big picture" but why doesn't Cox allow the Contour App to be downloaded to a Amazon Firestick. 

If I'm not at my home address than I only get the "Channels To Go" list, same when you are on vacation at another location using your pc, tablet, or such. 

Why not allow the same while I'm in my RV and streaming to my TV with a FIRESTICK and internet connection.

Seems that is not a Cox customer friendly decision.

Contour is advertise to allow this but in fact limits this thru this selective device.  WHY?

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I'm no expert but I think the app is for mobile devices.  Although an RV is mobile, I don't think a TV in an RV would be for the app.

Although based on Android, isn't the OS of the Fire Stick Fire?  Perhaps the app doesn't work on the Fire OS.

ontheroad
      New Contributor

Firestick is an android system and a couple years back it was downloadable and did work but has now changed for some reason.  Also at that time you could only get the the "TO GO" channels.  I tried to download a version  to Firesticks downloader and side load it but when signing in to My COX account it stops/fails.  That makes me believe it is a COX block of some type. 

I'm no expert either.  Just think it should be made available, even if it is restricted.  I think this is a reasonable request and not asking for anymore than what is available to other customers, while using other devices, away from home. 

FWIW i can set up my laptop screen to a HDMI on the TV and log into the app via the laptop and watch the TO GO Channels but it is not very user friendly as the android app would be on the Firestick.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

You can no longer download Firestick?  This probably had something to do with Kodi.

Although it is based on Android, Fire TV doesn't run the same general-purpose apps as does the Fire tablet.  Meaning, it may be Fire stopping/failing.

sdmichel
    New Contributor

If cox doesn't get it's act together and support devices like fire TV, they will find people leaving their TV services!