Forum Discussion

knwlsh
New Contributor II
7 months ago

Cox Contour and FireStick

I'm new to Cox (2 days). but before signing up I checked on-line support, Cox store personnel, and the installer here yesterday as to whether I can use my Amazon Firestick with Cox Contour, and all gave me a resounding "Yes."  Now there doesn't seem to be much resource to say HOW to do that... Has anybody here done it, and would you be so kind as to share the 'how'...

Thanks

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Try an Internet search for: How to install Amazon Firestick.

knwlsh
      New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick reply....

My Amazon Firestick has been installed for some time. Just switched to Cox and added contour, which is also installed and working. I had used YoutubeTV with the previous ISP and I have many premium channels on Firestick. I want to combine Contour with Firestick and run it all under one remote - don't care whether it's Contour or Firestick. I just don't want to keep shutting down one and starting the other. Add Firestick to Contour or vice versa. 

• I would be interested if your watching COX with a firestick.   I have been requesting this

for over 6 years going on deaf ear.   It's not impossible and rather simple since other cable

compaines around the Country offer apps to install on a Roku (I have seen this work) 

but here in Rhode Island they won't do it.

knwlsh
      New Contributor II

I've only been waiting a few days for Cox to come through with something for which I was assured three times is available. I can't imagine what you and many others are experiencing.

I'm still doing the two-remote shuffle but also checking into multi-device programmable remotes to see if there is one that works with Contour and Firestick. If this works I have two remotes that are going back to Cox and eliminating that monthly rent. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

knwlsh wrote:

If this works I have two remotes that are going back to Cox and eliminating that monthly rent.

Are you sure you're charged a monthly fee for a remote?  Cox charges a rental fee for their boxes, but I've never heard about a rental fee specifically for remotes.  Have you seen that as an itemized charge on your monthly bill?