Forum Discussion

Barbara_K
New Contributor
3 years ago

Contour 2 not connecting to tv

I just switched to Contour 2 & a new Panoramic wifi,   The contour 2 boxes are wired with a coax cable.   The previous boxes & router everything worked great.

The internet is working, but the TV's do not connect.   I changed out boxes thinking it was the box but same error message comes up, check connections, etc.

I have done that a million times.  

If I was using coax before and everything was working.  Why isn't it working with these Contour 2 boxes?  

21 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Let's just start with 1 box.  The box is connecting to your TV because you're reading the error from Contour on your TV screen:  Check Connections.

You have a coaxial connector on the wall...then perhaps a short segment of coaxial cable...then a coaxial splitter...and then 2 segments of coaxial cable:  1 segment to Pano and the other to a cable-box.  Right?

Barbara_K
      New Contributor

I have a coax from the wall plugged directly in the back of the contour box.  My HDMI cable is plugged in to the box & the HDMI port on the TV. 

It is connecting, says Welcome......then after 5 minutes it is telling me to check connections.   I don't know what a Pano is.  

I can use my TV remote to change the HDMI ports, but I haven't been able to use the Cox remote.  

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Pano = new Panoramic wifi.  Sorry.

Do you have a TV in your Living Room because I think this would be where the Primary Feed would be from outside your house to inside.  Meaning, the first connection from outside to inside.

To use the Cox remote, you'll have to pair the Cox remote to the TV.  "Pairing" is entering a code so the remote knows on which frequency to communicate with the TV for on/off. volume, mute and input.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

If your coaxial cables are setup as I mentioned, it could be the TV informing you to check connections.

Is there an HDMI cable from the Contour box to the TV?  If so, which HDMI port is it connected to on the TV, such as HDMI-1, HDMI-2, etc?  If it's connected to HDMI-2 on the TV, for example, ensure the HDMI Select (Input) on the remote has HDMI-2 selected as the input, which would be the Contour box.

Barbara_K
      New Contributor

Do I have to set anything in my Panoramic Wifi as far as settings?   I have tech coming out tomorrow.  I'm tired of dealing with phone support.  Thanks for your help.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

To pair...

- Start entering "Cox" in the Search Providers / Brands field
     - Select your make and model of Cox remote
     - Navigate to Setup
     - Following instructions

https://www.urcsupport.com/

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

If you've only replaced boxes, everything should work.

You disconnected and removed your previous Internet modem and router.

Replaced previous Internet modem and router with Panoramic.

Replaced the 2 cable boxes.

Is the Panoramic and a Contour box in the same room, such as your Living Room?

Barbara_K
      New Contributor

Yes, thats what I thought as well.   I replaced my old receivers with Contour & replaced my router with the Panoramic.  I thought it was simple plug, and play.   

One is, the other is not in the same room.   

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

What about your previous Internet modem?

Was your previous modem & router an all-in-one device or 2 separate boxes?

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Is the Panoramic and a Contour box in the same room, such as your Living Room?

I understand 2nd Contour box would not be in the same room with the Panoramic...but is the other Contour box in the same room as the Panoramic all-in-one device?