Forum Discussion

BrianBB
New Contributor
3 years ago

TV not easily turned on when input is fr. Contour.

Contour to  Sony smart TV via hdmi, the to soundbar. Many mornings, when I turn on the TV, nothing turns on until I pull the plug and replug. Today, I got the Contour 'welcome' screen when i finally was able to get the TV on. However, the internet worked fine. Problem likely with Contour v. TV?

9 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

How's the soundbar connected?

Were you having problems with the Internet?

BrianBB
      New Contributor

It's: Contour box to TV; TV to SB.  Internet works fine.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I don't know why the TV wouldn't consistently power-on unless either the batteries in the remote are low or the infrared sensor is partially obscured.

BrianBB
      New Contributor

Good guesses but no obstruction at sensor and batteries are new.  Sony thought it might be an issue with the power stripe so I plugged it into the wall-same issues.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Leeaskern

You can check the remote battery levels by pressing the Contour button, go to the settings icon and click OK, then go to preferences>remote settings. Also, does the light on the remote turn red when you press a button?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      BrianBB
      New Contributor

Thks..batt is @ 40% but the difficulty in starting occurs with both the Sony remote and the Contour remote.  The white light that usually goes on the TV when the power button is pushed on either remote does not go on when the TV won't go on.  Prob. not both remotes failing at the same time.