Forum Discussion

justbob
New Contributor
4 years ago

red alarm light on the Nokia white box.

Have had Cox service for less than a month and saw that the red alarm light was on this morning on the Nokia white box. not sure what it's called. Wifi and tv seem to be working. What should I do?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I would agree light is a very dependable carrier but I think Nokia engineers overestimated the capabilities of providers to deliver the light.

"Alarm" is a very ambiguous term for an indicator.  Why not call it "Something is Wrong" light?

A contributor posted an image of a white box and the indicator is just labeled Alarm.  I don't know the make and models of these boxes but searching for documentation just reads, "Open a ticket."  Engineers need to design more specific indicators.

Again...I don't know your make and model...

https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/tv_forum/f/tv-forum/28691/red-alarm-light-on-the-nokia-white-box

gonetspeed.com/.../ONT-Overview-and-Troubleshooting.pdf

• @Justbob, I recommend sending us an email at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern and we will look into it on your behalf. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.