Forum Discussion

ooeemusic
New Contributor
5 years ago

Contour record 6 DVR stuck in welcome screen

Today my DVR would not display any channels. I reset and since than it has been stuck on the "welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue." Screen. I have chatted with tech support who could not even get it to reboot. I manually unplugged and it then got stuck in boot for an hour. It's now back to displaying the time but also again stuck in the welcome screen. Cox advised me I could swap it at a store or have a tech come out. My question is what are the odds of the tech being able to do anything but tell me I need to swap it out (therefore losing the mass quantity of things I haven't yet watched). I don't want to waste the price of a service call to have then do something I can do myself at a store 3 miles away. 

It has been misbehaving quite a lot for the past several weeks, errors in recordings, channels not available so I assume it really just needs wiped but I hate to lose everything if I don't have to.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ooeemusic
    New Contributor

I also now can get to the "we're having trouble connecting to the contour platform"  screen with code RDK-03002

MariaL
      Hi Ooeemusic,

The error code RDK-03002 suggests the receivers are experiencing a possible signal quality issue. This will cause the receiver to not be able to connect to the Contour TV service during startup. You can try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

1. Ensure all cable connections are tightly secured.
      2. Unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet.
      3. Wait 10 seconds, then plug back in and allow the equipment to restart.

If after following these steps the issue persists, we recommend scheduling a technician to investigate further. Our technicians are available seven days a week at the following time frames: 8-10am, 10-12pm, 1-3pm, 3-5pm, & 5-7pm. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, complete address and the day/time that works best for you.

Maria L.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        ooeemusic
        New Contributor

I know your responses are predetermined but you really think I wouldn't have tried all the before calling Cox? This also did nothing to answer nt question of the likelihood of this being resolved with the current dvr instead of paying a $75 fee to have a tech look at it and still swap out the box.