Forum Discussion

GreenBay
New Contributor
6 years ago

Problems when I try to fast forward a recorded show

I just got Contour yesterday (had to pay $75 for the service call). When watching a recorded show if I try to fast forward it goes forward a little then freezes for a while then jumps ahead a lot.  I can't stop it when I want.  When I do push play again the show plays a little then freezes, then plays a little then freezes.  Makes it unwatchable.

Can anyone help?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    IrishCowboy
    New Contributor

None of my shows can be fast forwarded, only pause and rewind works. How do you even fast forward with Contour, I wonder??

Steve_A
    New Contributor III

Are you referring to your DVR box?    I've had that same issue with my DVR.    I'd either power off the DVR or use the Cox Connect app to reset the DVR and it would fix the problem.

GreenBay
    New Contributor

It's worse than I thought.  I've been at work so haven't been able to use it much. I recorded the game last night and tried to watch without any FF.  It still freezes, then plays a little then freezes.  I tried pausing a live show, same problem with that.  Makes the DVR useless.  I also discovered caller ID no longer shows up on the TV.  Was professionally installed by COX tech 2 days ago.  Any help would be appreciated.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

If you powered off the DVR as Steve_A suggested and the same problem still happens it could be an issue with the DVR.  Are you able to determine if the problem is in recording or playback?  Does live TV play OK?  If the problem persists, ask for an in-house Cox technician to check your signal, including at the pole.  If the signal is not the problem, just ask for a replacement DVR now before you have a backlog of recordings that you will lose if/when you have to replace it.  For the caller ID, try turning it off and back on again.  You should also email cox.help@cox.com and include a link to this post.  They will be helpful. Good luck. 

GreenBay
    New Contributor

Ended up having to return the DVR and get a replacement.  It seems to have fixed the problems.

Interesting: The new DVR is larger than to old one and has a white clock instead of blue. I can read this one so that's a plus.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

GreenBay, I have trouble seeing blue light clearly too.  Maybe that's a thing.  Thanks for posting back.