Forum Discussion

CurtB
Valued Contributor III
11 months ago

Voice Tools Call History grid scroll bar is missing

The Voice Tools webpage scroll bar will scroll the entire page, as will clicking on the screen and using the up and down arrow keys.  However, the inner scroll bar previously located within the Call History grid is now missing.  As a result, only the first nine entries for a sort may be viewed on the webpage.

The Call History grid includes new columns added when the recent update to identify and eliminate or flag SPAM calls was implemented.  The grid scroll bar appears to have been erroneously omitted.

Voice Tools Call History may be sorted from oldest to newest to see calls from up to 120 days ago.  That amount of Call History can also be downloaded.  This confirms Call History data was retained, but the website no longer provides the means to scroll up and down to view all call entries.

16 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

You're erroneous!

It's another confusing design from a "communications" company.

What's the difference between the Disposition and Call Type headings?  Call Type lists Incoming, Outgoing and Missed calls while Disposition only lists Incoming.  "Disposition" is just fancy word for sort.  Isn't sorting by Call Type disposition-ary enough?

Why does Cox insist to flag normal stuff?  A legitimate caller gets flagged as "Verified" and now a legitimate caller's Spam Risk gets flagged as "None."  Normal calls shouldn't be flagged.  Only unverified and risky calls should be flagged.  Flag the bad stuff.  It's like social, law-abiding citizens having to wear orange jumpsuits.

Why isn't this interface on Contour?  Cox Digital Telephone used to have a gateway into Cox cable-TV with Rovi.  Let us block spam callers with Contour.

I couldn't even log in through the Cox page because their wheels on the bus kept going 'round and 'round.  I had to detour through webmail to see Voice Tools.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Whether you or I or anyone likes what they did, Cox added a "Spam Risk" column and lost the scroll bar.  I can't imagine they did the latter on purpose so it would have been done erroneously.  While giving us something we didn't ask for, they broke the website.

Can you expand Call History and scroll down through items from top to bottom?

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III
        Can you expand Call History and scroll down through items from top to bottom?

Yes.  Selected 120 Days, scroll bar'd to bottom and saw a spam call dated 5 Jan tagged as no risk.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I received an email from Cox on 4/18/2023 with subject "Spam Blocker is here" that said: "Like you, we can't stand spam calls. So we've added a free spam-blocking service that just went live".

The first item in my Call History with a value in the "Spam Risk" column was a call received 3/2/2023 tagged "None".  Cox appears to have begun flagging spam calls six weeks prior to the announcement.  It's unlikely they flagged items retroactively.  Had they done that, why not flag them all?  They could still have flagged all items simply by waiting 120 days from when they began, before implementing the Voice Tools update and making the announcement.  Had they waited until July, maybe the developers could have worked out all the bugs before going live with an update.  But I suspect a Cox executive was eager to make the big announcement.

"Spam Risk" values are "None", "Low" and "Medium".  High-risk calls from known spammers are to be blocked, which could explain why I haven't seen an item in Call History with a "High" value.  Using "None" instead of blank makes the distinction between no risk items and items that are missing data.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I didn't know there were levels of spam calls.  Spam calls are like milk:  it's either not spoiled or spoiled.  It's binary.  It's either unsolicited or not.  Medium risk?  Is there also an Extra Medium risk?

I don't think they're flagging numbers "retroactively" but instead just updating the status.  If you get a call from a number, the number gets logged in your history.  Cox probably hasn't determined if the number is a risk or not a risk.  If Cox later determines the number is a risk, they'll update or upgrade or downgrade its status.  Since the number is linked to your history, the status gets updated in your history.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III
        If Cox later determines the number is a risk, they'll update or upgrade or downgrade its status.  Since the number is linked to your history, the status gets updated in your history.

I don't think that's going to happen.  Cox began including "None" in the "Spam Risk" column of all my incoming calls on 3/2/2023.  No items before that day have a non-blank value.  They only began including an actual risk assessment on 4/18/2023, the date of the announcement.  That's the first day a non-blank value in that field was not "None".  The only "Medium" was for a call that incorrectly appears in Call History as an outgoing call.  So, there's another bug.

If Cox updated existing Call History, you would expect to see items before 4/18/2023 with a "Low" or "Medium" value.  If you see that happen, let us know.