Read the forum guidelines
I received an email that states that starting on 12/1/21 phones connected to the Tel2 connector of the modem will not be able to complete calls and that I should check my phone modem and move the phone connection to Te1 if it is currently connected to Tel2. My phone is connected to Tel2 and when I move it to Tel1 I do not get a dial tone. Is there a reset procedure that I am supposed to perform after switching the connection? I have an Arris TM-3402A which is only used for phone (I have another modem that is used for internet).
You can either reboot the 3402A by pulling its power cord for a few seconds, or you could log into your Cox account and reset the 3402A.
I don't mean a Factory Reset...if this is possible on a telephone modem...by pushing its recessed button somewhere on the modem but instead a network reset from your Cox account.
Try that and if it doesn't work, update us.
Okay, I switched to Tel1 and did the power reset (power down for a few minutes then plug it back in). No dial tone on Tel1, but Tel2 is working. Then I tried the 'network" reset (via the Cox website) and again Tel1 does not work but Tel2 works just fine. Any ideas where to go from here?
To tell the truth, I thought only 1 Tel port was operational on residential telephone modems and the 1 operational port was Tel1. I guess not.
There is only so much you can do without swapping it. I guess the only thing left is a Factory Reset. Unplug all telephones from the modem, stick something in the recessed hole and hold for 15 seconds.
It sounds like the modem is provisioned for the wrong telephone occurrence in their customer database. They have your telephone service assigned to the wrong port. I would call or email Cox and have them check what I mentioned.
Resetting an occurrence (re-provision) is essentially deleting and recreating the initial setup of a service. It should be transparent to the customer other than having to call Cox and getting referred to a tech authorized to access the software...and then the ensuing reset.
If this is the case, the email notification was fundamentally incorrect because you'd have to switch ports and then call from a cell phone or send an email to re-provision the account.
I guess the easiest way is to switch the ports and then send an email to "re-provision" your telephone service.
Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following: - Full Name - Complete Address - URL of This Post
Please keep us up to date and ask for details. I am curious about this one.