Forum Discussion

edwms
New Contributor II
30 days ago

Transferring Cox Email to Another Provider

If we choose not to accept the transfer of our Cox.net email address & content to Yahoo Mail and want instead to choose another email provider, is there a way to a) transfer/maintain our Cox.net address with another provider, or b) request Cox redirect our _.net mail to a new address?  Thanks!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Best way you could accomplish that would be to go ahead and accept the cox.net transfer to Yahoo so as to keep the email address active.  Once that's done, setup a forward rule that sends copies of all received items to whatever other email address you establish.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

I agree OP should accept the transfer to Yahoo so that he doesn't lose the account.  He can also create a forward rule to send received items to another email address.  However, OP should be aware that Yahoo charges a monthly fee to forward email.  He may choose to migrate his account from Yahoo Mail to another provider.

edwms
    New Contributor II

Thanks for the replies, but I really don't prefer to have my data/info transferred to Yahoo at all. I wish Cox had just given us proper notice (maybe 6 mos ago) that they were getting out of the email business, and that we needed to migrate to another provider. Then at least we'd have had some choice/say in the matter. As a society we seem to have forgotten how to treat our customers somewhere along the way.

edwms
    New Contributor II

Is it possible to not accept the transfer & be given some time to either migrate to another email provider or request that Cox forward to a new address?

SharielH

Hi edwms, 

You do have the option to look into other companies as your email provider. This is not something we will change from our end. It has been suggested to transition over to Yahoo first and then make any changes you want after. Here is a link below with additional information below. Any information we provide will link you directly over to Yahoo. 

https://www.cox.com/residential/support/access-and-log-in-to-yahoo-mail-after-transition.html