Forum Discussion

dward5665
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Phantom calls

First I've been back here for a year or so, it seems to have disappeared... Any ways, looking at my call history that I monitor daily, I often see multiple numbers as having been dialed from here, within seconds or simultaneously, with a duration of 0 seconds. I wonder if my number is being used by spammers.
Also, unrelated, but my caller ID only works on my Panasonic phones about half the time. Any ideas?

• Thanks for the reply.

I don't have tv through Cox, caller ID is only on the phones.  These random numbers only show up on the call history, not on the dialed number history of the Panasonic phones.  No security system, faxes, or phone modems.  Cox Voice was implemented here about a year or so ago.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    having been dialed from here

From your house?  If a spammer has been spoofing your telephone number, the spoofs wouldn't record on your Cox Call History.  The spoofs would record on the spammer's system, which is probably a private network.

Do you have a home security system?

I'm assuming you're saying your Caller ID on TV isn't working?  If not, what else has Caller ID?  Did you upgrade your equipment to support Cox Voice (VoIP)?  This was started a few years ago but maybe your area is now transitioning.

dward5665
      Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have tv through Cox, caller ID is only on the phones.  These random numbers only show up on the call history, not on the dialed number history of the Panasonic phones.  No security system, faxes, or phone modems.  Cox Voice was implemented here about a year or so ago.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

These random numbers are supposedly numbers you've dialed from your house?  Do you recognize the numbers?  Do you have Simultaneous Ring or Call Forwarding enabled on your Cox account?  You'd need to log into your Cox account and review your Phone preferences.

Also, while you're in your Cox account, you could try resetting your DOCSIS-eMTA.  There's a feature in your account to do this.

I don't know why I'm explaining the how-to's because you obviously log into your Cox account daily.