Forum Discussion

Ecnav
New Contributor
4 years ago

They can hear me but I cannot hear them

Similar to other posts I am having the problem of people hearing me but I cannot hear them. I have contacted Cox chat and they were unable to resolve and of course multiple modem reboots did not do the trick. This sounds like from other posts to be an external issue outside the bldg. Cox Service techs are not allowed inside the bldg to due to Covid19. Thoughts?  Really need help on this as I do rely on my land line.

5 Replies

Ecnav
    New Contributor

It was raining here and the phone went out... must be a moisture issue Cox

Ecnav
      New Contributor

Still need help resolving this issue

MariaL
        Hi Ecnav,

Out of an abundance of caution and for everyone’s safety, we are exercising social distancing. Our technicians can’t go inside the home. The technician can assist you from outside of your home. They can check cabling and equipment outside. If you need new equipment, they can set it on your doorstep, and they can walk you through troubleshooting/installation while still outside your home. They’ll talk to you over the phone, FaceTime/video chat, or even through an open window at a safe distance. Our technicians are available seven days a week at the following time frames: 8-10 am, 10-12 pm, 1-3 pm, 3-5 pm, & 5-7 pm. Please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, complete address, and the day/time that works best for you.

Maria
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • Hello Ecnav,

It is true that we're not able to have technicians enter the home during the current pandemic restrictions. Has the Telephony Modem been swapped out to see if this addresses the issue you're experiencing? There are a couple options to swap equipment. One option is having a replacement mailed, though there has been an increase in shipments and that has caused a 7-10 day delay in shipping. Another way to swap equipment is to have the account holder bring in the Telephony Modem to a Cox Solution Store and swap it that way. Cox Stores are still open but have changed hours and are closed weekends. The hours of operation are Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. www.cox.com/.../search.

If you need assistance, then please email our 24/7 support at Cox.Help@cox.com and please include your account information (first and last name and address) and a link to this forum.

Dustin
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    LJM32
    New Contributor

We have that same problem!  Every 8 minutes or so, line gets disconnected!  We only have the land line to call Europe.  Our parents are old and do not have/want to use VOIP etc..

We have had Cox look at things, but nothing can be done........, unless we get some kind of new modem and our neighborhood is not set up for that yet.....WEIRD!

I am now trying the chat online thing, but NOTHING.  No one answers!

I have no problems with Cox and other services are working good, but this landline phone thing has to be fixed!