Forum Discussion

OnTheFence
New Contributor
5 years ago

Voice Mail time-stamp off by 3 hours and callers being told my number has been disconnected.

For as far back as I can remember, my voicemail has been off by 3 hours. I've tried to get this fixed numerous times but nothing ever gets fixed. I have reset my  modem, changed the time on my phone but it always changes back to the wrong time. That wouldn't be so back because I can subtract three hours from a time-stamp but more often than not, callers don't even get the option of leaving a message because when they call, they are told my number has been disconnected.  This has ALSO been going on for more than 2 years with absolutely nothing being done on  Cox's end. Nothing.  Oh, I take that back. They're raising their bills next month. That's something. Something criminal if you ask me. I'm so over Cox. If my spouse was not intent on keeping their horrible service, I'd have left years ago.  Crooks, criminals and con-men and Cox....all of them start with the letter C.  Weird.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator

@OnTheFence, this is not the type of experience we want for our customers, and we apologize for the ongoing phone issues. For the 3-hour time stamp issue, can you please uninstall the app and reinstall it for me? Please also make sure your device's operating system is up-to-date. I am currently escalating this case and we hope to have more information for you within the next 24-72 business hours.

In reference to the number being disconnected problem, do you have selective call rejection or selective call forwarding enabled? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator

bearone2
    Contributor III

did you buy the phone locally or from when living in a different area?.

i've had a hawaii cell # for 20+ years & voicemails come in with a 3 hour different timestamp & i live in arizona.

bearone2
        Contributor III

thanks for your input but still waiting for op to reply.

• Hi OnTheFence,

Please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your address and full name. We need to gather a few more details for the telephone issues you are experiencing. Please be sure to include a copy of the link.

Latitia

Cox Support Forum Moderator
    viperthunder2
    New Contributor III

With regard to the 'number has been disconnected' message, log in to phonetools.cox.com and make sure that there are no unfamiliar numbers listed in Simultaneous Ring and/or Call Forwarding.

If you are using your own answering machine, then the timestamp issue is with your phone, not with Cox.