Forum Discussion

Pam613
Contributor II
6 years ago

Call history in phone tools

My call history in phone tools hasn't worked for about a month now and I'm given all different responses from Cox reps from they've opened a ticket & are escalating the problem & are working on it to it can't be fixed since I'm on the legacy platform & they're changing everything to the voice platform. What is the true story here? I've read on different forums here that this is not a new problem. Why weren't we notified of the change in advance and why can't call history be kept working until they make the change? I'd like one honest answer here rather than being told a bunch of different stories.......I just want my call history fixed. I'm in the RI area.

38 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Stewart_H
    New Contributor III

Try pulling the plug and then put it back in again to re-boot.  It worked for me a month ago with the same type of problem.  At least you didn't get 'Your wait time is greater than 10 minutes'..........

mymarciar
    New Contributor II

i have been told it is my browser...my phone...my internet cookies...my modem...i have been transferred  and asked to wait 80 minutes...then dropped...all they do is ask for name and address and phone number...repeatedly...

Pam613
      Contributor II

Originally I was told it's working for everyone else. Got all different answers depending on who I spoke to. Just drop our current services with no notice & increase our rate!

mymarciar
        New Contributor II

unfortunately the call reps probably a)have a script they need to follow and b)dont have the information they need

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Pam613, I am having the same problem.  Has your missing call history at https://phonetools.cox.com ever been fixed and if yes, what did Cox do to fix it?  Thanks.

Pam613
      Contributor II

Curt, it was missing on cox.com as you mentioned & on the connect app. It didn't worked for over a month & I posted here numerous times, spent hours on the phone & chat with Cox & have over80 emails between us. I just kept at it & it's finally at a point where it's now working but I have my fingers crossed because it worked before & went down again. Supposedly they're updating the phone platform.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Pam, I admire your dedication.  Perhaps you helped blaze a trail that will enable Cox to figure out how to fix it for everyone else.

kedavis
    New Contributor II

I used the Cox Connect app for checking my call history. Even though the time stamps were off (I don't know which time zone they use), I could at least see the history. Today, when I tried to use Phone Tools in the Cox Connect app to check my call history or change my phone settings (e.g., call forwarding), it sent me to a web page where it asked me to log in.

If I have to go to a web page, I might as well do it directly. So I deleted the app as phone tools were the only use I had for it.

Oh, and I did log in to the web page the app sent me to . It had my incorrect ZIP Code, and said "we do not offer service in your zip code [sic]. " So the app is worse than useless if all it's going to do is send me to a wrong link.

Since customers can no longer send emails or fill out forms to provide feedback, I called Cox. The rep said he is no longer able to send feedback to Cox either.

Maybe I'll write a letter.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Kedavis, can you please go to phonetools.cox.com, and see if the call history displays on the website? Cox is currently in the process of migrating customers to a newer phone platform. Soon, you will be able to access the Cox Voice Everywhere app, http://bit.ly/2KPDBWQ. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Pam613
    Contributor II

Voice tools messed up again.......not showing outgoing calls & time is wrong on incoming calls. There is a red bar across the top of the page that I've never seen before . What's going on Cox?

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

I saw that too.  The message on the red banner reads: "This is the 'dark-silo' Voice Tools environment (PRODB) used for internal beta testing purposes only."  It kind of looks like Cox was doing some testing and the test environment made it into the customer, production environment.  Either that or they meant to move it to production and forgot to remove the test environment banner.  Oops!

I deleted a voice-mail and the time in "Voice Tools" changed for that call from being about the same as the time in the call history stored locally on the DVR to being an hour earlier.

Pam613
        Contributor II

Curt, this banner has been there for a few days that I noticed & I think the time is wrong since changing the clocks ahead. My email just got hacked again too.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Pam, can you please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com, so it can be investigated further? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Pam613
        Contributor II

Kevin, I went all through this for a whole month before & I really don't feel like dealing with it again now. Between this & my emailed being hacked again it just seems that Cox is lagging keeping up with the times & fixing customers problems as noted on all the posts on this forum.