Forum Discussion

jgil
New Contributor
12 years ago

A newbie's question about webmail classic and alerts

I am brand new to Cox High Speed Internet (4 days) and have two questions.

1. Is there any way I get make Classic Webmai. the default view when entering Webmail?   It now opens to Enhanced  Webmail from all of my accounts.

2. Is there a way ahave Webmail send me a message whenever one of my accounts receives an email?

If I have violated some tenet of this forum by asking two questions,  I sincerely apologize.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

When you sign in to webmail there should be a set of radio buttons below the login that allows you to choose which webmail platform you wish to sign in to.  As for your second point no such system exists.  I would wonder how/where a message could be sent to let you know you got a message.  An alterntative would be if you have a smart phone to set up your email in that.  Most smart phones check your mailbox approximately every 15 to 20 minutes.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

CORRECTION:  Enhanced Webmail official got retired as of today so that should no longer be an issue.

Melman
    New Contributor

Then why does it continue to ask me to select Classic or Enhanced?  EVERY TIME I log in to my primary email box.  (But not my other mailboxes.)

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

A fix has been put in place for those that had Enhanced prior to it's retirement.  For email accounts that fall into that category you'll be prompted to select when you login which you prefer to use.

Melman
    New Contributor

That makes no sense.  Is Enhanced "retired" or not?

I never used Enhanced.  But EVERY TIME I log in, I have to select.  I'm sick of it.

cmreese
    New Contributor

Chris,

I have been using Enhanced since it was first offered.  I contacted some one today via chat and they told me that I would not be able to get Enhanced as it will only be grandfathered in for people already using the Enhanced.  Not true...because I never used Classic and only used the Enhanced and I am not given a option now.  Classic is being opened automatically when I sign in.  I tried all the options that they gave me and still the dreadful Classic keeps appearing.  Classic is a joke!  If they are going to grandfather people in to the Enhanced, then why am I not able to open it or find it anywhere on the site.  Why would they get rid of something that had appeal to many of the consumers.  Honestly, if there is another option for Internet, I believe Cox is going to lose a lot of customers because of the poor service in the past month.  This does not have anything to do with Hurricane Sandy because I started experiencing problems with my internet back mid October.  Very poor customer service to say the least.