Forum Discussion

DRVEGAS
Valued Contributor
3 months ago
Solved

Cox WiFi hotspot question

Does anyone have any idea how I can connect my Samsung TV and my DVR to the WiFi hotspot or does the WiFi hotspot only connect to computers and phones?

• Hi, The information we provided DRVEGAS is correct. Supported types of devices include 

• Laptops using Windows or Mac operating systems
    • Tablets using iOS, Android, or Windows 8 operating systems
    • Smartphones using iOS, Android, Windows 8, or Blackberry operating systems

The reasoning is the main purpose of Wi-Fi hotspots is to connect to the internet when you are out of your home on portable devices. Other devices may be able to connect but they are not specifically supported.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi, The information we provided DRVEGAS is correct. Supported types of devices include 

• Laptops using Windows or Mac operating systems
    • Tablets using iOS, Android, or Windows 8 operating systems
    • Smartphones using iOS, Android, Windows 8, or Blackberry operating systems

The reasoning is the main purpose of Wi-Fi hotspots is to connect to the internet when you are out of your home on portable devices. Other devices may be able to connect but they are not specifically supported.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

The cox hotspot wasn't really designed for use with streaming media on a tv. Why would you want to use a WiFi hotspot, unless you're not at home and you are dragging your tv around?

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

I don't need to use it.  I was just curious why they won't connect to the hotspot. 

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

I don't know. pretty much any device should connect is you are using your cox ID and pwd to login.