Forum Discussion

Princess_Grace
New Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

email not receiving

I have sent myself an email to my account and does not come through?  Inbox-no new messages????? I should have emails waiting to be read.  What do I need to do? 

Someone please help.  I have not received mail for two months.

• Some things to try.  Login to your webmail account at webmail.cox.net and check all of your settings.  Make sure you don't have forward and delete setup, check message filters and remove any that may be setup.  Check Allow and Block senders and make sure you dont' have any entries in there.  Also see if you have an email client setup anywhere such as Outlook, Oulook Express, Windows Live Mail, Macmail, etc. setup anywhere on a PC.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator

Some things to try.  Login to your webmail account at webmail.cox.net and check all of your settings.  Make sure you don't have forward and delete setup, check message filters and remove any that may be setup.  Check Allow and Block senders and make sure you dont' have any entries in there.  Also see if you have an email client setup anywhere such as Outlook, Oulook Express, Windows Live Mail, Macmail, etc. setup anywhere on a PC.

Rocket
    New Contributor

Chris, I use outlook on my desktop for my cox email.  I am going out of town and want to check my email on the web on my business laptop.  I can do this with my att email, why cant I do this with cox?  Is there a setting that allows emails to go to web and outlook? 

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

In your Oulook account settings there should be an option on the Advanced tab I believe that allows you to leave a copy of emails on the server.  This will work for all emails going forward.