- I recently moved back to my home town and Cox is the only ISP in the area that offers decent speeds. I am currently getting 150Mbps/10Mbps speeds via various speed tests. Ever since I've been on this service, I have been plagued with issues broadcasting to Twitch.TV, something I do on the side for a hobby/petty cash. I have done all the troubleshooting a person can do and have talked to more representatives at Cox than anyone would care to! I am so relieved to hear I am not the only person experiencing this. I am a Senior Systems Engineer by trade, I deal with major ISPs and networks on a daily basis. I have even taken a router to test with that retails at over $5,000.00 to prove that it was not my hardware. I have replaced modems, tried different NICs, you name it, I've done it. This is most certainly, beyond any shadow of doubt, and issue with the ISP (Cox). Whether they are purposely "throttling" this traffic or they are just overselling their mediocre service, this needs to be addressed! I am growing rather irritated at the fact that no rep nor technician can pinpoint these issues or even explain them. I am quite certain there are very competent personnel working at Cox that should be able to pinpoint this. It is basic UDP traffic, not that complex. Any other insights, suggestions, rants, testimonies, gripes, wines, or any other constructive chat on this would be greatly appreciated!
- Here's a post I put on Facebook seeking help. I post it here because it summarizes the situation: Do I know anyone who knows someone with some sort of authority atCox Communications? We have had unstable internet speeds (upload speed in particular) since day one of living in our new place (September 29th). We have had 5 technicians out (they're as tired of coming out as I am of having them), I've talked to support (tier one, tier two, and supervisors of said teams) 30+ times easily. They've told me that maintenance (a separate team from technicians, maintenance works on the network while techs only work from the house to the street) was working known issues at a node on three occasions, all three being marked as resolved while my instability remains. I'm lost on how to actually get it fixed or who I need to talk to make it happen. We're supposed to pay for 300down / 30up...70% of the time our upload speed is between 0-4mbps. Unfortunately, Verizon FiOS seems to be available in several neighborhoods nearby but not at our house or else we'd have switched already. Anyone? I have swapped out one panoramic modem/router combo for another. Didn't solve. I have purchased a modem recommended from a reputable source, and although it did drastically reduce my "worst" ping on my tracerts, it did not solve the problem. (I was getting a worst of 184 on my OWN home network with the panoramic and the highest I saw was around 50 on the new modem). So we can rule out a modem issue. The technicians have dropped a new line and bured it, they've replaced basically every cable we have. I have many screenshots of the instability. I will post some below, but have lots more on my desktop at home that I will be adding. My internets performance looks like a seismograph of the worlds worst earthquake. Let me point out in many of these photos of the graphs for broadcasting..I'm only running 4,000 to 4,500 kbps bitrate. This is only 4mbps -> 4.5mbps...We're supposed to have 30. Then when you consider the "minimum bitrate" that its registering during this instability you see numbers like 210kbps (see first photo)...on other occasions (and in photos I will provide when I get home) we drop to 0...we lose upload 100%. Here's what's happened over the last 2 hours at my house where we're not even using the internet except to look at this log of its stability: Here's some screenshots over the last month or two:
- Login to Cox Webmail. See my inbox Try to search for all emails in search bar by particular sender ( in this case Amazon) type hit enter, nothing. Close out, clear caches, try again, nothing. What the #@$#%%^$% gives with the new Cox WebMail? Why can't I search my emails?
- Hey everyone, I've been a cox customer for 3 years now, and I am a affiliate twitch streamer who is just starting to grow my channel in hopes of doing this full time. Now up until about 4 months ago I was streaming to twitch using the premier package and had no problems, then we had a slew of problems in my apartment complex that effected multiple tenants have EXTREMELY low upload (like less than 1 mbps). During this time I tried many many solutions (including upgrading to the ultimate package) however since then, the speeds seem to have leveled out a bit (only on speedtest.net, still a little inconsistent on other tests) and NOW my streaming to twitch is horrendous, I can only dream of streaming at the quality I used to, something seems to be interfering with my connection to twitch and also my upload in general seems all over the place. I've tried BRAND NEW hardware, I've had multiple technicians come out here and tell me that YES there is something wrong but they can't figure it out, even a supervisor came out and told me the same thing this last Thursday. I have spoke with possibly hundreds of different reps and to no avail. I NEED SOME HELP WITH THIS, I am paying for a service from you guys for a reason and I can no longer use the reason I'm paying for this service any longer. The customer service from you guys have been atrocious, constantly giving me the run around, this has been almost 5 months now I've had this same exact problem with NO help, I've had technicians come out BACK to BACK and all tell me that I have a problem but they don't know what to do. now here is a post on reddit with multiple people who have the SAME exact issue as me https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/4cmxau/cox_is_throttling_customers_who_stream_on_twitch/ here are some of my speedtests: http://testmy.net/db/cesKgYxOW http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6643836876 http://speedof.me/show.php?img=170921181400-3969.png Now I can upload a test directly from my xbox and my ps4 as well if you'd like and they will show uploads that fluctuate from 7-12. even speedtest seems to fluctuate from like 20-30, but like I said my upload is VERY inconsistent, I had a supervisor named walter that was here last thursday and he understood what twitch is (unlike everyone else I have spoken to) and he plugged directly into my line and said that my uploads were low and even he had no clue what to do. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM IT IS NOT SOMETHING ON MY END.
- Cox.e-mail not working for two weeks nows. Outlook had trouble connecting to server at one point, not it connects with outlook but does not download the e-mail . I have to go to web main to do it. At the random times the e-mails are finally downloaded. Please figure out the E-mail Basics, We only ask the simple thing to work from our ISP.
- I've payed $99 a month for the past 7 months and before that at least two years for ultimate internet and the max I have ever reached was 110 direct connect and on average the direct connect is only 70 or 80, this is on an Arris TG2472G, I've had at least 5 technicians come out and all have said they have done everything that they can do not to mention the 10+ hours I have spent on the phone with random call supports. I have tried switching the modem to a netgear CM500 to no avail. The people on the phone say that I should be getting 375/33 but I am no where near that, that being said my upload is always somewhere close to 30 typically 26-31. Why am I not getting the speeds that I am paying for.
Currently only have 4/8 upstream channels bonded. Cox Tech told me to get 24x8 for Ultimate Internet. What do I do?I am getting the full 300 and most of the time well over that (sometimes up to 450) but my issue is random drops in connectivity. I checked my modem logs and to be honest I have no idea what all the stuff means but I see things like critical and warning and timeouts etc. So thats when I called cox and spoke with support. Truth be told, I don think she had any idea what I was asking about. But I'm willing to bet someone on here does! Any thoughts/advice/help would be very much appreciated!