Forum Discussion

NotSoTechy
New Contributor
10 years ago

Can i get a price check on a modem?

I would like to buy a new modem but I do not know how much it costs. It is called a Ubee DDW366 and is on the Cox website but has no price. Thanks.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Thats not so much a modem, but a gateway. The reason I mention it is because it might not work with your current router if you have one.

Also, don't pay more then 40-60 bucks for it. Hard to get a price for it but from what I can dig up Cox probably pays 25-30$ for it.Gateways are usually cheap, in quality not price, and IMHO your much better off having a separate modem and router.

NotSoTechy
    New Contributor

Thanks. Any recommendations for a good modem that can work with a router and is good at performance but not pricy. Also is preferred with Cox.

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

What router and modem do you have now? Also what plan do you have? Like preferred, or premier, etc? Don't want to suggest pricey hardware you might not need if on a lower plan.

Here is a list of devices that will work. The first set is all gateways (modem/router combo) while the 2nd set are a mix and will say "Wifi modem" next to it if its a gateway. Also notice how to the right they suggest which to get based on your plan/tier, but that doesn't mean it won't work on lower ones.

smtips
    New Contributor II

I would go with a Motorola SB6180 or SB6121, both are excellent for a separate router setup. If you want an all-in-one, Newegg offers the Motorola SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 802.11n Wireless Cable Modem, model no. SBG6580, for $128.99. Coupon code "EMCPCWC224" cuts it to $109.99.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825122014

I do not work for Newegg, just saying that's a pretty good price on it.