Forum Discussion

HazyLogic
New Contributor
3 years ago

Ridiculously Slow Upload Speeds

This problem has been a consistent issue. I am a designer and video producer and I work from my home studio a lot. So this issue is crushing my ability to work from home. On the best day, my upload speeds range between 10 -13 MBS That is the "BEST" offered. over the last year intermittently I get upload speeds from literally 0.0 MBS to 0.3 MBS. The fact that it kicks on and goes the advertised 13.0 for several days and then crashes to the slow speeds does not suggest hardware issues. 

This situation has become unbearable I mean honestly I would just drop this service in lew of a better alternative but Cox is the only option available to me at this location. Every time I talk with them they want to upgrade my service which I did once and NOTHING improved. I refuse to throw more money for upgrades when they can not even manage to produce the minimal standards they are already supposed to be delivering.

If anyone has a suggestion please help me. This is actually hurting my business.

2 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @HazyLogic,

I am so very sorry to learn of your Internet troubles and I'd like to help. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • I am experiencing the exact same thing.  My plan advertises a 10 Mbps upload speed (ultimate 500 or whatever) and I might get 8Mbps on a good day but frequently much less than that.  My speed test from this afternoon after frequent disconnects was at 500 kbps (angryface.emoji)  I am attempting to connect to a computer at home remotely and have frequent extreme lag and frequent disconnects.  I upgraded my plan a year ago so that I could have higher upload speeds and now it’s money down the drain.  I’m in a similar predicament in terms of service providers in my area and unfortunately Cox is the only reasonable option.  My download speeds are great and have absolutely no complaints and I realize complaining about upload speeds puts me in the minority - BUT, i expect to at least receive upload speeds that I pay for.   It would be nice if there was a plan that allowed you to pay for just quality upload without having to go all the way to the Gigablast plan.  (Arris Surfboard - not sure the specific model because I’m not home but it’s DOCSIS 3.1)