Read the forum guidelines
For 2 days now I have had near zero upload speed, when I run speed tests I get anywhere from 0.01 to 0.16 Mbps. Download speed is actually fine, ranging anywhere from 100-200 Mbps. This is fine for streaming sports but is completely unplayable for gaming. Please help!
Background info on things I have tried:
- 3 PCs are connected to router, all 3 have high download / low upload
- 2 PCs are wired, 3rd PC is wireless (lower download speed on this one but that is normal)
- No splitters used in set up
- changed Router password today, kicked off all phones/tablets other than 3 aforementioned PCs that we use for gaming. No change
- have rebooted the router a bunch of times, has never improved anything
- have restarted each PC multiple times, never improved anything
- tried calling Cox, they were even worse than completely useless, basically they just aggressively tried to scam me into buying a new router from them and would absolutely not take No for an answer (even kept calling me repeatedly after I hung up)
- Everything was perfectly fine until 2 days ago, upload speeds suddenly stopped working with no obvious root cause
Someone please help because Cox is not going to do anything about it other than lie and say the only fix is to give them more money
I had the exact same problem. Right after I upgraded my plan to unlimited data. While calling support they then tried to tell me my modem / router was not compatible and I had to spend more money to rent their model. The problem vanished the next day on its own.