Forum Discussion

EthanFowler32
New Contributor
4 years ago

Re: Gigablast Upgrade

I just upgraded to gigablast. I have the panoramic wifi/modem but my internet speeds are now slower than 500mbps I was originally getting. Do I need to now upgrade my Panoramic Modem? 

3 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello EthanFowler32,

That is a great question. That would depend on if you have a rental modem from us or if you have your own modem. How long have you had the modem? Do you have a splitter or amplifier on the line? This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. This way we can resolve your issue.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    bearone2
    Contributor III

call cs, have them  reset the modem, it will include updates you may be missing.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III
      call cs, have them  reset the modem, it will include updates you may be missing.

Reboots, resets and re-provisions are troubleshooting steps.  You do not want to combine software updates (firmware) with troubleshooting steps.  If you're trying to reset your Internet connection, you don't want to be updating software at the same time because you'll just make more of a mess.  If Cox has firmware updates, Cox will push the updates as a completely different process.