Forum Discussion

JCCC
New Contributor
4 years ago

League of Legends Ping spiking and package loss

Hi,

I recently experienced heavy package loss and ping spiking when I play LOL.  I had the Gigablast plan and always wired Ethernet with my PC. I am in Goleta. I wonder if there is any issue between Cox and League of Legends server. This issue has been over one month and it is really annoying. Pease help.

7 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

From Northern Virginia, mine time out as well:

Tracing route to 192.64.170.1 over a maximum of 30 h

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
      2     7 ms     8 ms     6 ms  10.3.72.1
      3     9 ms     7 ms     7 ms  100.118.110.34
      4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      8  ^C

Does LOL have a forum site?  Is this IP address still valid?

JCCC
    New Contributor

I also replaced the modem and router. But nothing changes. It is all good when I watch 4K or website. But only package loss with league of legends. 

Cyrusgm
    New Contributor II

Copy and paste from a different thread:

I've been battling for months and was finally told that it is a node issue and there's nothing that can be fixed on our end.  It really is unacceptable but my apartment complex is Cox exclusive.  Games are a big part of my life and I'm straight up going to have to move because Cox apparently can't provide a reliable enough service to play on.  Luckily ATT has fiber near me with 1gbps up and down (for less than I currently pay), so I'll make sure that's an option at my next place.  

And to the Cox Support people on here, I know you're doing your best, but I've had every tech come out and have been escalated to the executive number, and have been told that there is no fix at the moment.

JCCC
      New Contributor

Yea it is very sad. Cox is also exclusive in my area..........

Kalebkk890
      New Contributor III

I have been battling Cox on these issues for just under a year now since COVID started. The problem is nearly all of their nodes that your modem is directly connected to are well over 100% utilization which causes incredible packet loss and spikes. The internet speeds usually aren't effected but the latency and packet loss is definitely noticeable. There are two things you can do and that is to file an FCC complaint about the packet loss and you will be able to talk to their actual engineers who are "diligently" working to split these nodes to help with saturation. They will probably give you some date that is months and months away when your node will be fixed and they get away with this without even a slap on the wrist because they have a "plan" to fix it. The ISP monopoly has been a travesty for years and COVID has only made it much worse and noticeable. The second thing you can do is go to https://fairshake.com/ to ask for a settlement to reduce your bills or pay you back for their service they aren't able to reliably provide. Don't take the first offer because it will be very low for what they actually deserve from this country wide failure.

scoomas
      New Contributor II

File an FCC complaint. Im also in a Cox monopoly area. If they cant deliver the product youre paying for then that IS their problem