Forum Discussion

Sodaman
New Contributor
4 years ago

Panoramic + Mesh

I am getting my Cox instal in 10 days. I currently use the new Netgear Nighthawk MK63 mesh system with slow dal - but the mesh works great with it.  How do you set up the Panoramic with a mesh system?  Can you turn the radio of which is what I do now or go to bridge mode or both?  Thanks in advance for you help.

UPDATE:  Well, it turns out they are going to need to due a complete new cable install.  With city approvals, blue staking and digging it will be 2-3 months before I have Cox cable.  Bummmmmer

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      Sodaman
      New Contributor

Its a "special offer" with free install and Panoramic.

ratoren
    New Contributor II

I disabled the 2.4 and 5ghz radios, and just plugged the primary mesh router into one of the panoramic modem ports. Putting the modem into bridge mode was a terrible idea, as it disables all but one of the ethernet ports, and nothing else hard-wired to the modem will work. Just disabling the radios worked great, and the CoxWifi hotspot still works, allowing you to feed some devices on the hotspot and not get dinged for usage. 

Sodaman
      New Contributor

Thanks for the response.   That is the way I am running my dsl now.  So in your setup the Panoramic does the DNS and NAT functions?  Can you give me some details on just what you turned off in you setup.  Thanks for the help.