Forum Discussion

Joe_H_
New Contributor
4 years ago

Losing internet connection when printing

Earlier this year, I upgraded my Cox service to include telephone and was issued an Arris TM3402A modem. Every time I use my printer, whether to print, scan, or copy, the modem loses its internet connection. The printer was originally connected wirelessly, so I disabled the wifi connection and connected it directly to a computer, but that didn't solve the issue. I recently got a new printer, but the problem continues. I reboot the modem and everything is fine until the printer powers up. Does anyone have a similar issue? Are there any suggestions/solutions out there? Thanks!

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Joe. Does the lights on the modem change when this issue happens? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Joe_H_
      New Contributor

Hi Allan. The lights on the modem do not change, but the internet connection light on the router goes out. I still have wifi connectivity through the router, but no internet. As soon as I reboot the modem (not the router) internet connectivity returns. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It may not be taking down your Internet service but instead your personal network.

You have a separate router connected off the Arris TM3402A?

Joe_H_
      New Contributor

Hi Bruce. I have a separate router, but wifi connectivity (with no internet) remains. As soon as I reboot the modem (not the router) internet connectivity returns.