Forum Discussion

Dave9
Contributor III
4 years ago

More info about CM-STATUS messages in log

If you're seeing CM-STATUS Event Type Code 16 messages in your modem logs, based on the paper I've linked below it looks like those messages indicate noise on the OFDM channel. When you see CM-STATUS Event Type Code 24, that means the noise has cleared up. If I'm reading this correctly, as long as the CM-STATUS Event Type Code 16 message refers to Profile ID 1 or higher it's basically a harmless warning. Meaning it looks like it won't cause you any interruptions. But if the CM-STATUS Event Type Code 16 message refers to Profile ID 0 (called Profile A in the paper) you might get a drop in the connection. Either way, CM-STATUS Event Type Code 16 looks like it is caused by a spike of noise on the line. Every line has some noise and that noise is often harmless. But if it causes failure of Profile ID 0, there can be a brief interruption in the connection. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Link to the paper I used for this info: www.nctatechnicalpapers.com/.../2019-practical-lessons-from-d3-1-deployments-and-a-profile-management-application

No RepliesBe the first to reply