Forum Discussion

Kevin_Z
New Contributor
5 years ago

Uploading issues

Hey there, we just moved to a new home, so we moved our Cox service with us for internet. I am experiencing some weard upload issues. Our internet speed checks out fine when we run a speed test. We also had a tech come out and all seems fine. But for the past few weeks since we moved when ever I que up a few small files to upload the upload seems to upload some of the files and then stalls out and just sits there. And this happens a lot. I used to be able to que up lots of files big and small, and the upload would be fine. Its really bad and since I work from home and have to upload a lot this is an issue for us.

Anyone experience this and is there a way to fix? Like I said it happens when I upload a bunch of files at once, and even if they are small picture files the upload goes for a bit and then completely slows down and stops.

Now sometimes when uploading 1 or 2 big video files the upload is fast and goes up well. Its the oddest thing thats been happening for about a month now.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

7 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Kevin Z

What type of device are you using when this occurs and are you hardwired or wireless?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
    Kevin_Z
    New Contributor

I am on a desktop computer on Windows 10. I have tried wired and wireless.

I also spent $280 for a new modem from Cox and a router from Bestbuy.

We just moved 3 miles to our new home. At out last house it was great connection.

Thanks for the reply

Kevin

Kevin_Z
    New Contributor

The real question to me, who should I call to have someone come over to really test this and help me so I can work?

If I call Cox again then will send over a tech who will run a speed test and tell me its fine. But then when I try to upload in FTP program and work then problem will remain. I am not sure if this is Cox issue or something in the home.

I need to hire someone to come over that will actually listen to me and fix the issues.

Thanks

Kevin

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Kevin Z

Do you have another device you can use that doesn't have windows 10 just to rule that out? Also, have you cleared the cache/cookies?

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
        Kevin_Z
        New Contributor

Yes I have an IMac. Well the IMac uploads VERY fast. So the internet is fine. Something is wrong with my PC, and I need to figure out what it is.

Any advise?

Thank you for the help so far.

Sincerely

Kevin