Forum Discussion

yolesnoobs
New Contributor III
5 years ago

High ping jitter and rubberbanding

Recently I was told Cox replaced dry cables outside my home to fix my packet loss. The packet loss seems to have improved but unfortunately my ping spikes still continue. 

Here are pingplotter traceroutes showing my ping spikes on a quiet network:

https://share.pingplotter.com/XciVFzHrKUe - Cox

I'm an avid gamer and these ping spikes of 100+ frequently cause rubberbanding ingame. It is extremely important that this issue is resolved as currently I am unable to make full use of my internet service. 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello xuboji. I recommend bypassing your router and run the same tests again. Please respond back with the results. Thanks. -Allan. Cox Support Forums Moderator.
        KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hello, I am not detecting any issues on the Twitter or Cox pingplotters. The latency is actually quite low, and the packet loss does not appear to carry over into future hops. Since the packet loss does not carry over, this is more than likely normal ICMP deprioritization. The Google pingplotter does not show any latency at all, however, there appears to be packet loss taking place on the Google network. Would you be able to provide pingplotters and/or traceroutes to the gaming servers in question?

Please feel free to reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com, Twitter, or Facebook for additional support. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator