Forum Discussion

Tim_K
New Contributor III
5 years ago

"Account temporarily unavailable" timeout/errors receiving E-mail from pop.cox.net

For the past several days, I have been experiencing frequent "Account temporarily unavailable" timeout/errors receiving E-mail via MS Outlook from pop.cox.net.   Is this a known issue which Cox is working on resolving?

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ac1
    New Contributor

Me too!  Been happening for a week or more.

Tim_K
    New Contributor III

Cox, is there any update on this situation?   I was getting almost immediate responses to receiving E-mails via pop.cox.net earlier this morning (so I was hoping something had been done to remedy the issue), but for the past few hours it's back to frequent time-outs/errors with "Account temporarily unavailable". 

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Tim, at this time, we are not reporting any webmail outages or known issues with our Webmail server. Have you changed your password on the cox website, http://bit.ly/2KOrZnd, and ensured the password matches both the incoming and outgoing settings? If not, can you please change the password? Please also check to see if the server settings are correct, http://bit.ly/2KGsVKh, and that you are using TLS, if available. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Tim_K
        New Contributor III

I didn't change any of my settings (they were already correct), and all day today I was experiencing no delays or timeouts receiving E-mail via pop.cox.net.   I'm assuming whatever the issue was on the Cox end for most/all the past week has now been resolved - Hopefully for good.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Tim K

Can you check webmail and see if you're having the same issue if so try changing the password.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      Tim_K
      New Contributor III

Hi Jonathan.   I'm not using Cox webmail - The issue is with pop.cox.net.   I logged into Cox webmail and that seems to work fine.   Please coordinate the pop.cox.net issue with your tech support or whoever manages the IT for pop.cox.net and let me/us know.   Thanks!

ac1
        New Contributor

I am not using webmail either.  I logged into webmail and I am not having the issue, it is working fine.

Taffeys
    New Contributor III

I have been having the same problem on multiple accounts for days. Changed passwords, confirmed all setting are correct, Still having problems. Now I am getting snail-mail from financial accounts saying they cannot send notifications and bills to me by email. This issue has been happening off and on for a very long time.

Karen_R
      Former Moderator
      Rick,

Please try removing the Outlook account then set it back up. Let us know if you still get the same error. Thanks

Karen
      Cox Forum Support
        Taffeys
        New Contributor III

Karen,

I reinstalled Office and repaired each account. Seems to be OK so far. I'll report if the failures happen again.

EDIT... I spoke too soon. It's still failing to logon to most POP accounts You really need to escalate this as this poor performance is totally unacceptable.