Forum Discussion

carolrusso1974
New Contributor II
5 years ago

On and off all *** day...

Why am I paying for internet when it never works?? In fact, I have had to reconnect to my WIFI twice since starting this sentence. It's bullsh*t... I'm using a cox modem/router, did they give me a piece of **? I use my internet for my job, and when it doesn't work, neither do I. Not cool... WTF is going on??? I feeel like I should only be paying half my bill, since that's about the percentage my internet actually works!!

4 Replies

Neuro2015
    New Contributor III

If you're using the Cox Panoramic modem, that's the problem. They're junk. I had one that couldn't keep connected with a Wi-Fi connection. Cox Support tried to tell me my laptop and phone's settings were wrong and I should turn off auto-connecting to my own Wi-Fi network...which was BS. After a few more calls, support finally admitted that modem is nothing but problems. I turned it back in and bought Netgear and have never had a dropped Wi-Fi since. 

KevinM2
    Former Moderator

Hi Carolrusso, we deeply apologize for causing frustration with regards to our Panoramic WiFi. We would strongly recommend downloading our free My WiFi app. With this app, you can change the settings (we recommend the channels are set to automatic). Here's some additional information on ways to improve your internet experience, http://bit.ly/2Kq4uR5.

Lastly, here is an article providing information on the differences between the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks. Me personally, I have my Panoramic WiFi split into 2.4 and 5 GHz, as opposed to having one username and password (it is a matter of preference). If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to send us an email at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator

carolrusso1974
      New Contributor II

Thanks, I don't know what all that GHz stuff means, I just want to be able to turn on my computer, or IPad, and it work. I don't want to change any settings, cuz that should all be good with the service I'm paying for. I'm not a tech, or know anything about it. I don't understand why cox would offer a product, if it is a complete piece of junk... its not right. Thanks anyway. I am just going to look for service elsewhere I guess