Moving Emai address

I'm a LONG time Cox customer. So long, in fact, that my email address is my three initials, like "xxx@cox.net". As you can imagine I want to keep it. I recently moved to a new Cox account, my Ex is still on the original account. I asked Cox to move/associate my email address (the three letter one} to the new account. They replied "No, can't do it.", "Software is too old, can't do it", "it like moving property, can't do it." WTF! Is this for real? 

• Is the old account with the Cox email still active? If not, it should be as easy as you AND your friend calling Technical Support and asking them to transfer the email. As long as both of you can verify the account and the to be transferred account isn't a admin (first one on the account) shouldn't be a problem. You may have to talk to Tier 2 if Tier 1 can't do it anymore.

• Hi Laterdaze, if you have not established a Primary Username on your current Cox account, the process is simple. Have your ex log into www.cox.com/.../home.cox using his account's Primary Username. Click on the "Users & Email Accounts" tab. In the list of Secondary Users, have your ex click on the "Remove User" option next to the email account you want. A confirmation box will pop up, asking "Are you sure you want to remove the user xxx@cox.net?" Have your ex click the blue "Remove User" button. Next, you will need to go to www.cox.com/register and register your account using your account number or full address. Set your "xxx" (your initials) as your Primary Username. Note: if you have a Primary Username on your current account, log into www.cox.com/.../home.cox and click on the "Users & Email Accounts" tab. Click on the blue "Add User" button to add your "xxx" username as a secondary user. If you have any difficulty with these steps, please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with your name, full current address, and a link to this thread. We may have to add the "xxx" username manually. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator