Forum Discussion

TonyofAZ
New Contributor
6 years ago

Current excessive junk mail in my Cox Email Account.

Every day I get excessive amounts of junk mail to my Cox Email Account which I move to Junk Mail. I'm not sure I'm getting a "stop" on all the email messages that hits my junk mail account. Most of my e-mail goes to my Outlook email account.

What would be the best way to stop  this junk mail? Make my primary email Outlook mail and delete my cox email  account?

Thanks.

Tony Olson

5 Replies

yak
    Contributor III

I got a lot of spam this morning.  Previously, it seemed as if Cox was getting a handle on it.  All we know is that Cox is aware of the problem and is working on it.  So many people are unhappy that Cox will have to do something.  Don't delete your Cox account yet.  

scorbett11
    New Contributor

This problem started about 3 months ago.  I'm inundated with junk, junk, spam, junk!  It makes me avoid checking email every day, cuz I spend the majority of my time deleting emails.   What is happening?  When will I see a solution offered to me?  

JP_Sports
      Contributor

I must forward AT LEAST 20 emails a day to spamreport@cox.net, and it seems to be more of a placebo than anything, because the incessant spam WILL NOT STOP.  Always seems be related to either medical or home warranty/improvement items, but I know it's spam when I see the email address is hlkjadshasfdsljln@klnszljkfjdlklbk.nknek.ee or something to that extent.  And oftentimes, I will see my username embedded within the email address, and a couple times lately, it's made to look like I sent it to myself.  It's as bad if not worse than the incessant robocalls we get every day.  The biggest domain violator seems to be mypentax.com; why can't this domain be blocked at the admin level?  It would stop about 40% of the spam.  Granted I have found a way to reroute the spam to my junk folder, but I've had to set up so many filters that many legit emails get redirected there. It is not a pleasant user experience and it needs to be fixed years ago. 

yak
        Contributor III

JP,  when Cox first got hit by the Spam Explosion, I got lots of junk from mypentax.   lately I haven't received anything from them.  all of my recent spams are from dot site or dot website.  

• while on phone with tier 2 tech last night about something he couldn't fix, he excitedly told me that there is a new spam filter afoot...they'd just had the meeting about it...and they are hopeful it will work better. one can only hope....as what they have now is NOT working!

oh, and then there's the stuff they put in there that isn't...like both my senators, my husband, and in the beginning....ALL the amazon communications on christmas purchases!  meantime, all the phishing schemes come directly to my inbox. 

i already see a difference in that mail IN my spam box, when marked as "not spam" now automatically appears in my inbox.  previously, they just disappeared, but would download to my client.