Forum Discussion

DWitt
New Contributor
6 years ago

RE: Internet service shows "Service Interrupted"

I have the same issue as well.  Mine however also comes with a insane slowdown of my internet.  I will range from 320 Mbps during the day to 6 Mbps in the evening.  Would love to hear some sort of reply 

4 Replies

Becky
      Hi Farmboykregg, are you experiencing the "service interrupted" message, or slow internet speeds? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    BillDem3D
    New Contributor

I am having the same issue today - 10/11/2018. Resetting all of my equipment had zero effect. Nothing has changed on my end, and the cables are all good. I am using my cell phone hotspot to post this because I have zero Internet access through Cox. Paying the massive monthly cost for Gigablast Plus Unlimited data doesn't get more reliable service, apparently.

Becky
      Hi BillDem3D, your modem is currently online, but with poor metrics. Are there any splitters on the coax connection to the modem? If so, bypass the splitter, reset the modem, and see if the "service interrupted" message goes away. If it does not, or if there is no splitter on the modem's connection, I suggest a service call. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator