Forum Discussion

Redskin
New Contributor
6 years ago

Broadband for military veterans?

Does Cox offer a discount to military veterans for broadband services like Comcast?

2 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Billing wise, Cox doesn't appreciate military service.  Cox had a promotion a few years ago...emblazoned with the US flag and a family hugging their Soldier mom...but within the fine print, it expired after a year.  I guess it was something but it was the same as any of their new-customer promotions...just with different graphics.

Verizon, on the other hand, has always had the military's back.  On a whim, my brother asked about military discounts when he first subscribed and without hesitation, the Verizon rep gave him 20%.  That was in 1994.  He has seen that discount on his bill for 24 years.  It had never expired, wavered, faltered.  He has since been very loyal to Verizon and continues to get discounts on all his communications:  wireless, Internet, equipment.

A military discount from Comcast would be news to me.

XavierB
    Former Moderator
    Hi Redskin,

Thank you for contacting us. We do not have a specific discount for veterans. We can take a look at your account. Could you email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full address and the primary name on the account. -Xavier