Forum Discussion

Rammer47
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

webmail print out size too small

When ever I print a Webmail email it always comes out too small on mine or anyone else's computer.

HOW/WHERE DO YOU CHANGE THE PRINT OUT FONT SIZE IN WEBMAIL?

Thank you,

• I've seen something similar before with gmail. You should do this just to eliminate it as a possibility.

With an email message open, on your menu bar click File>Page Setup. Look for a box labeled Enable Shrink to Fit or Shrink to Page Width or something along those lines. Make sure the box is unchecked.

Now this only applies if you're using File>Print on the menu bar to initiate printing and trying to print the whole page.

If you're using the Print button above the webmail message, when the "to be printed" window appears, be sure to click the printer icon in the window, not File>Print. You could, but again you would want to uncheck the "shrink" box in Setup in the second window.

That was as clear as mud. Short version: Only print from within the webmail window, not from the menu bar.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    DerrickW
    Valued Contributor
    Hi Rammer47,

That would actually be a function of the driver for the printer that you're using. When you print, check the print preview and you should be able to adjust the font size from there.
    Jerry
    Contributor II

I've seen something similar before with gmail. You should do this just to eliminate it as a possibility.

With an email message open, on your menu bar click File>Page Setup. Look for a box labeled Enable Shrink to Fit or Shrink to Page Width or something along those lines. Make sure the box is unchecked.

Now this only applies if you're using File>Print on the menu bar to initiate printing and trying to print the whole page.

If you're using the Print button above the webmail message, when the "to be printed" window appears, be sure to click the printer icon in the window, not File>Print. You could, but again you would want to uncheck the "shrink" box in Setup in the second window.

That was as clear as mud. Short version: Only print from within the webmail window, not from the menu bar.

Rammer47
    New Contributor

Thank you.  That has worked so far. It is nice to have a font size that I can actually read.