Forum Discussion

Seniorfrito
New Contributor
12 years ago

Central Florida Outage

Now it's not the entire service completely as I can still get to the Cox.com website and many other major websites, but certain websites since I got home from work yesterday (12/19/2012) are not loading.  I'm also not getting a page cannot load error which means the connection hasn't timed out.  I've switched browsers, both Internet Explorer 10 and Firefox.  Both same issue.  Certain sites that I'm having this issue with:

Break.com
speedtest.net (eventually loads but takes a long time)

There's others, but I can't think of them right now.  I ran across them while surfing around last night.  Mainly what I ran into were pages that continued to load after it appeared the whole page loaded, but I'd still see in the status bar, waiting for such and such a server which I assumed hosted images or something along the lines.  I really don't know what it is or whether the kink in within Cox's reach, but if SOMEONE could investigate up the wire to find out where the kink is because there's lots of things I'm trying to do, but can't because certain things aren't working.

It's clearly not a problem on my end if I can access google, cox, facebook, all sorts of regularly visited sites, but not others.  I also did a downforeveryoneorjustme.com check on these sites and there was no issue.  Beyond that I used a proxy (which I don't normally) on these sites, and could access them immediately.  There's some sort of kink in Central Florida.  I'm specifically in Ocala.  If we could get this figured out, that'd be great.  Thanks.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello from Kansas -  No, it is not your problem.  It's a Cox Communications Internet problem.  Since Cox announced the problem has been resolved - except for delivering all back logged email out of sequence - & which will continue to dribble in - the issue is still unresolved.

Exception - if you can access Cox webmail, check it out.  Since Cox announced the issue 'should be resolved' earlier this week - my Cox domain email has been coming in online only.  I'm sympathetic with your frustration.  Join the rest of Cox residential customers.  Good luck finding a resolution.

Lastly - if you are using a MacIntosh computer - as I am - & you contact (if your lucky) Cox Tech Support - as I did - expect no results.  I was advised to resolve my "software issue" by calling Apple.