Forum Discussion

nonaste
New Contributor
2 years ago

Amazon prime video not working on non smart tv

For over a year I've been able to watch Amazon prime video on my old non smart Magnavox tv via the contour box.  Now it stopped working.  The error message is, "Disconnect VPN or proxy service and try again".  This tv is not connected to anything but Cox through the contour box.  My pc connects to Amazon Prime Video but not the tv.  I rebooted the contour box and tv.  Same error message. I contacted Amazon and they were absolutely no help.  The first call ended up with some guy in South Africa and the second contact, via Amazon chat, ended up in India.  Anybody have any suggestions or solutions?  Thanks.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      nonaste
      New Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Bruce.  Magnavox and Contour box connected via HDMI.  Tried another HDMI cable with the same result.  Looks like other folks have the same problem, tv stopped working but connection just fine through pc.

Wylie
    New Contributor II

I am having the same problem, I am able to watch Amazon Prime through my smart TV but when I try through the Contour Apps I get the alert that I am connected to a VPN which I am not

Wylie
      New Contributor II

This is a COX problem and after several hours with Tech support still no resolve

Wylie
        New Contributor II

The last word I got was " This error is likely tied to the IP lease we have assigned you" and they are sending out a tech to try to resolve the problem. Hopefully it will work!