Forum Discussion

blove
New Contributor II
11 years ago
Solved

Number of days before service disconnected after due date?

Hey all...just curious what the typical time frame is after a bill becomes due before service is interrupted?  And how far out do payment arrangements typically go?  I had a bill due on 5/16 and want to pay the balance on 6/6.  Next month it might be a little longer. 

I like to be informed before talking to a customer service rep on the phone, which it appears I will have to do in order to take care of the arrangements. Thanks!

• Blove,

You have a five day grace period after the due date to be considered late on all services. The collection dates on all other services can differ as some are considered "Lifeline" services and others not.

Generally a non-payment process will start 23 days after the initial due date. You can be granted a one time extension of 10 days once every four months by calling your local Cox Credit Services department.

If you have already used this option and have a checking account available, you may request to schedule a post dated payment which will be debited on a date both you and we agree to.

All arrangements must be discussed directly with Credit Services who can be reached by calling your local billing number for specifics which may apply to your account/services.  

Hope this information helps.

Thank you, 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Dina
    Contributor III

Blove,

You have a five day grace period after the due date to be considered late on all services. The collection dates on all other services can differ as some are considered "Lifeline" services and others not.

Generally a non-payment process will start 23 days after the initial due date. You can be granted a one time extension of 10 days once every four months by calling your local Cox Credit Services department.

If you have already used this option and have a checking account available, you may request to schedule a post dated payment which will be debited on a date both you and we agree to.

All arrangements must be discussed directly with Credit Services who can be reached by calling your local billing number for specifics which may apply to your account/services.  

Hope this information helps.

Thank you,