Forum Discussion

JG333
New Contributor III
10 months ago
Solved

random disconnects

Ive been having issues in Arkansas on random quick disconnects for about a month. These last from 15 seconds to a few minutes and seem to get worse in the evenings. The connection can go an hour or two with no problems then have then constantly. I have replaced my netgear cm1000 modem and asus router combo that was 4+ years old to an arris s33 and asus gt ax11000 pro router but the problem persists. Chat tech support just told me to have the modem checked even though I explained the same problem is happening on both. This issue disconnects out of games and interrupts youtubetv or any other streaming service on wired or wireless connections. Ive been a customer in the same location for several years so its easy to notice the difference. I don't feel my problem is equipment related but that is what they want to point to. I replaced the modem per another chat support conversation prior to this guy saying I need the new modem checked out that they both could have same issue. Any suggestions at this point would be helpful.

• First, post your signal levels from 192.168.100.1. See here for more info. Either copy paste the data, or if the formatting is bad, upload a screenshot. See here on how, but basically you have to join the forum. If it's easier, use Imgur and post a link.

Next, do you see anything in the logs around the time of the disconnects? Don't post the logs unless you edit out your modem's MAC address from it. I suggest Justpaste.it for edited logs as they can sometimes set off the forum's anti spam feature.

Last, have you tried connecting a PC direct to the S33 for a bit and see if the disconnect happen? This is moot if the signal levels or logs are obviously bad.

20 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

First, post your signal levels from 192.168.100.1. See here for more info. Either copy paste the data, or if the formatting is bad, upload a screenshot. See here on how, but basically you have to join the forum. If it's easier, use Imgur and post a link.

Next, do you see anything in the logs around the time of the disconnects? Don't post the logs unless you edit out your modem's MAC address from it. I suggest Justpaste.it for edited logs as they can sometimes set off the forum's anti spam feature.

Last, have you tried connecting a PC direct to the S33 for a bit and see if the disconnect happen? This is moot if the signal levels or logs are obviously bad.

JG333
        New Contributor III

I have not connected directly from modem to desktop. I will pay better attention to the next time is happens and see what logs say in reference to that time frame. Ive been at work all day and my daughters said it was happening all day off and on but no specific time. I see current stuff in the logs such as time sync fail, no ranging response received and unicast maintenance.

gaby665t
    New Contributor

This is the exact same thing that’s happening to me and I’m so over talking to the live agent. I’m going to switch services.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Don't bother with chat. They are outsourced I believe and won't know what your talking about. That's assuming you can even get past the bot. Instead use the email or one of the Social Media contacts in the welcome thread. They may still ask you to troubleshoot your issue(like OP did) but they aren't forced to following a script like chat/Tier 1.

TL;DR Email support > Tier 1 > Chat.

JG333
        New Contributor III

This was 4 minutes of down time no cycle power of anything came back on its own after that.

JG333
      New Contributor III

I just emailed with all the information and a link to this post so we will see how it goes. Chat/Phone support just sends a strong signal and if its replies back good they will just blame hardware equipment like this last guy after I explained the exact same symptoms are on both the new and old hardware combinations lol. This is my only option for 1 gig service at my house but if the disconnect problems dont get fixed the 500 option from AT&T doesnt look so bad :)

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

jg333 I was wondering how the email went? I have heard from others that it can take a while to get a response. Any luck?

PS. If you ever get into HoTS and need a Sgt Hammer to back you up, send me a friend request at HardHarry#11819.