Forum Discussion

Tim_M_
New Contributor
3 years ago

XRE-03059 errors for the last week or so

We have COX cable and internet in OKC, OK.  We have been getting this error message on our cable boxes when trying to tune various channels for over a week now.  Sometimes we can tune away and then back and it will work but usually we cannot tune to the channel having the problem for hours or days.  I have used the app on the website to rest every box in the house and have gone around and have power cycled every box on the house.  I have checked all connections and nothing has changed in the house during this time that should lead to problems with our cable TV inside the house.  In addition, we often have "pixelated" video that reminds me of the images that you get when using satellite TV that is encountering signal interference.  I have also noticed an increase in the number of T3 timeout errors on our cable modem leading me to believe that there is an issue on the COX side of things in either the cable plant or networking equipment.  The COX website indicates that there are no service issues in our area, but this is clearly not the case.  Any thoughts or should we just look at another provider?

Tim

4 Replies

• Hello Tim. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com so we can look into this issue on your behalf. -Allan, Cox Support Forums moderator.
        Tim_M_
        New Contributor

It turns out that they finally recognized that there was an outage and after several hours, it now seems to be fixed.  If you can get the attention of the correct person, COX seems to be willing and able to fix things, but its difficult to get in touch with the right person and get things in motion. 

Tim_M_
      New Contributor

Well, I may have spoken too soon.  CNN is stuttering, pixelating and freezing for seconds at a time.